Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham v Brighton fixtures?

Any good memories from this fixture? The bosun in the side stand 1978 was quite funny:) 1984 we managed to find a hole in the toilets ceiling and all climbed into the seats above,went to blackpool after which happened to be scottish weekend:facepalm:Any good memories from this fixture? 1990 cup game must bring back a few????

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Not necessarily a "good" memory.
Jan 1972 - Oldham 2 - 4 Albion
Bitterly cold day ( is it ever any different in Oldham?) but a cracking win.
After the game, we were followed back to our coach by some Oldham fans, one of whom threw a brick through the front windscreen.
After some hasty repairs we set off home, having to make frequent stops to thaw out the coach driver. Finally got back to Brighton about 4 am.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Googling is for wimps so I'm gonna ask was one or none of the following vs Oldham:

Bas Savage scoring a goal after a rather fluent mazey run

Iwelumo scoring a rocket

Got a feeling one was Chesterfield tho...!?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I remember ruining a pair of shoes in the mud outside the away end and being bloody freezing!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Googling is for wimps so I'm gonna ask was one or none of the following vs Oldham:

Bas Savage scoring a goal after a rather fluent mazey run

Iwelumo scoring a rocket

Got a feeling one was Chesterfield tho...!?

Savage was Hartlepool

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
had a great escape up there one year

Drew 1-1,around April time late 70's,think it was the year we just missed out

anyway after the game, was sitting in the minibus with a handful of other Brighton fans outside listening to the other football scores

this f*cking great mob of Oldham turned up,tried getting in the minibus,then started wacking the f*ck out of it,it was one of those panelled vans,so it probably sounded worse than it actually was,then finally they started rocking the thing

at this point,my uncle who was driving put his foot down and hoped for the best,I know for sure we hit one lad,must of been at least 100+ of them,with 2 OB trying to save the day

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Only time I've been to Oldham was for the opening game of the 2003 season. Boiling hot day, 3-1 win, lovely. Just looked it up and it was a Leon Knight brace with a Henderson pen.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Only time I've been to Oldham was for the opening game of the 2003 season. Boiling hot day, 3-1 win, lovely. Just looked it up and it was a Leon Knight brace with a Henderson pen.

I was there too. It was like an oven under the corrugated tin roof. It made a change from the normal temperatures we endured there.

had a great escape up there one year

Drew 1-1,around April time late 70's,think it was the year we just missed out

anyway after the game, was sitting in the minibus with a handful of other Brighton fans outside listening to the other football scores

this f*cking great mob of Oldham turned up,tried getting in the minibus,then started wacking the f*ck out of it,it was one of those panelled vans,so it probably sounded worse than it actually was,then finally they started rocking the thing

at this point,my uncle who was driving put his foot down and hoped for the best,I know for sure we hit one lad,must of been at least 100+ of them,with 2 OB trying to save the day

That must have been 78,a bit of a do in the coach park,recall the police putting Brighton fans on a certain coach to avoid several hundred Oldham fans who were mobbing up,but the police didn't realise that as they got people on the coach they were exiting from the emergency door at the back:facepalm: With a group from lancing these guys about 40 strong pegged it across the coach park towards the Oldham who scattered in all directions:blush: you might have got the backlash from this. Memories like this show how far we have come regards to crowd behaviour may we never go back to those dark days and Oldham:moo:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
That must have been 78,a bit of a do in the coach park,recall the police putting Brighton fans on a certain coach to avoid several hundred Oldham fans who were mobbing up,but the police didn't realise that as they got people on the coach they were exiting from the emergency door at the back:facepalm: With a group from lancing these guys about 40 strong pegged it across the coach park towards the Oldham who scattered in all directions:blush: you might have got the backlash from this. Memories like this show how far we have come regards to crowd behaviour may we never go back to those dark days and Oldham:moo:

Yeah,your right there Rev

The thought of my young lad getting caught up in something like that is sickening really

it could of got well out of order that day

funny enough a few years later I went out with a bird who was from just outside Oldham
strange being there with no footie on,the lads in the boozers were as nice as pie,didn't buy a pint all night

Yeah,your right there Rev

The thought of my young lad getting caught up in something like that is sickening really

it could of got well out of order that day

funny enough a few years later I went out with a bird who was from just outside Oldham
strange being there with no footie on,the lads in the boozers were as nice as pie,didn't buy a pint all night

I hope you first line to her wasn't what's the best way to Oldham:facepalm:

THE OLD MESS HOUSE MUST BRING BACK MEMORIES FROM THE 1990 CUP GAME?
http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/n...910/old-mess-house-shut-to-protect-the-public

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here