Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Stockport, November 1992

teaparty

Jul 16, 2013
Evening all.

New poster on here but I've been reading for a while. I'm a Stockport County fan by rights but, having lived in the south for the last few years, also have a soft spot Albion. No idea why. Anyway, I'll cut to the chase.

Back in 1992 County played (and lost) at the Goldstone. In that game we played in a red Gola shirt, the only time we ever wore that shirt. I know it's a massively long shot but does anybody know the whereabouts of one? It's this shirt:

brightonred5.png

I had an exchange on eBay last year with who I am guessing is Superphil, but he was unable to help.

There's a pretty significant pile of money waiting for one of these shirts, it's the only County shirt I'm missing from mid-80s to present day.

In other news, I wish you all the best for next season even if you did let Gary Dicker go. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future, although I doubt it will be for a good few years yet given our respective positions.

Cheers

Last edited:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Geez, we had some really awful kits in the early 90's. I don't know what's worse, the Tescos bag design or the chewitt fiasco...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

teaparty

Jul 16, 2013
It was indeed me, I've still not seen one. Have you tried contacting the following sites and asking them? The first one is based in Manchester, they might have some local contacts. It's always worth asking them directly as they might have some stock that's not been displayed.

Www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk
Www.vintagefootballshirts.com
www.retroworldfootballshirts.co.uk
www.shirtsofexcellence.co.uk

Hi mate,

Yeah, tried all of those. I'm onto classicfootballshirts a couple of times a week, I don't think they like me any more.

As I said in my original post, the uncle of somebody on our forum has one but won't sell it. That is the only one I have ever heard of. Still, if one pops up on your site then please give me a shout.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here