Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bankrupt Britain ? , worth a watch

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Most of Europe/the world is bankrupt. Global trade is not one sided. All sides need capital/fake money in order for it work. We either keep creating more money in the short term or wait for some type of world war 3/new world order type scenario that changes the playing field.

Pessimistic, but that's the truth.

Having the acquaintance of several Economists, it's fairly certain the majority of their gibberish pertains to nothing at all but Alice in Wonderland running faster to stay still. If the truth is pointed out and it turns out to be somewhat pessimistic, then others can always carry on with cognitive dissonance ie believe that we going in the right direction. With derivatives = 3 times world economy it almost certain to implode. What comes next anyones guess. There are undercurrents to remain optimistic about however.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what are they selling, subscriptions? i gave up at the bit they blew out the candles. if its as they tell it, economic collapse is a certainty, then there's nothing you can do except ride it out.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
It is utter nonsense, a cynical scheme designed to sell subscriptions written by the marketing department, repeating old scare stories that have been debunked years ago: http://coppolacomment.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-end-of-britain-not-yet.html

edit: more info, it is just a carbon copy of aftershock applied to britain (that was written for US audiences), and ALL of aftershocks predictions have come false - based on entirely flawed methodology.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having the acquaintance of several Economists, it's fairly certain the majority of their gibberish pertains to nothing at all but Alice in Wonderland running faster to stay still. If the truth is pointed out and it turns out to be somewhat pessimistic, then others can always carry on with cognitive dissonance ie believe that we going in the right direction. With derivatives = 3 times world economy it almost certain to implode. What comes next anyones guess. There are undercurrents to remain optimistic about however.

I couldn't agree more

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
what are they selling, subscriptions? i gave up at the bit they blew out the candles. if its as they tell it, economic collapse is a certainty, then there's nothing you can do except ride it out.

It's just one of the many "everything is ****ed" armchair economist made documentaries that parrots the same old crap. I do believe the current global system is messed up, but I do envision a brighter future than what these type of docs try to make you believe (Everything is doomed)

I'm also pretty sure the guardian readership and extreme left-wing individuals living in squats ********** to this crap every night.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
I'm also pretty sure the guardian readership and extreme left-wing individuals living in squats ********** to this crap every night.

This is actually far right stuff; the left have the opposite opinion with regards to the deficit/debt (i.e. its not a problem and we in fact need a higher deficit, there is a whole school of thought to this effect in fact).

Again a few years ago exactly the same stuff was said about the US, a good article debunking it can be found here: http://levyforecast.com/jlwp/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2010/12/Uncle-Sam-Wont-Go-Broke.pdf

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here