Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ray Wilkins , where did it all go wrong ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Quite right too. No excuses for putting other people's lives at risk.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
2 offences in 10 months resulting in driving bans? if that was you or me it would've (rightly) been a little holiday courtesy of HM .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When N*** U******** ran onto the pitch and decked him, I suspect.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Twice in six months?

What an absolute twunt he is. And to try and lie about it in court (take it from me, two glasses of wine will not result in a breath-alcohol reading of 100+).

No respect for him whatsoever. Arrogant *******.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Twice in six months?

What an absolute twunt he is. And to try and lie about it in court (take it from me, two glasses of wine will not result in a breath-alcohol reading of 100+).

No respect for him whatsoever. Arrogant *******.

Agreed, unless of course he was using a pint glass:beer:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have been following this on local paper sites as it happened near where I live - and it is actually even worse than was written there.

As is clear he was totally bang to rights, and should have gone to prison. Certainly what would have happened to one of us.

But he tried every trick to weasel his way out of it rather than face his crime like a man.

His (very expensive) lawyer opted to try and smear the reputation of the arresting officer, saying he had made it all up back at the station despite the test results.

Luckily the judge saw through this brazen tactic - many don't - and called it right. Lost all respect for Wilkins over this.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Some good will come of this......every TV / radio station that's worth talking about will drop him like a hot potato, and he was without doubt the worst co-commentator / pundit going!!!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
"Bedraggled: Wilkins left the court on his phone after being phone guilty". :facepalm:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I always liked his understated punditry, especially the use of the word "super".
Still, never know what these people are like in real life I suppose

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In Wilkins parlance, it was an unsavoury incident.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Some good will come of this......every TV / radio station that's worth talking about will drop him like a hot potato, and he was without doubt the worst co-commentator / pundit going!!!

Agree entirely.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So has anyone seen today's popbitch then? he sounds lovely if true (I am not posting it on here)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
should have gone to prison. Certainly what would have happened to one of us.

No we wouldn't. Reading of 100 in breath means a 23-28 month disqualification . If its a second offence within 10 years then it's a mandatory 3 year disqualification.
If found guilty of driving whilst disqualified, then a prison sentence is a distinct possibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here