Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Britain needs millions MORE immigrants says the Office for Budget Responsibility...

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I totally agree - just so long as they don't have a right to our minimum wage, and are forced to pay UK taxes in full.

Well that's ridiculous.

Tell an employer he can employ a Briton for £6.19 per hour, or a non-Briton for £1.50 an hour and which one do you think he is going to hire? I thought the right wanted British jobs for British people; why bring in a policy that encourages directly the opposite?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Well that's ridiculous.

Tell an employer he can employ a Briton for £6.19 per hour, or a non-Briton for £1.50 an hour and which one do you think he is going to hire? I thought the right wanted British jobs for British people; why bring in a policy that encourages directly the opposite?

The whole minimum wage senario is bollox anyway. It is used as a tool to keep lots of low paid workers wages low, as poor employers close ranks around it as a benchmark. Nothing beats a free market.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The whole minimum wage senario is bollox anyway. It is used as a tool to keep lots of low paid workers wages low, as poor employers close ranks around it as a benchmark. Nothing beats a free market.

Just to make sure I understand your point - if the minimum wage were abolished, wages would go up?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Fine - if they can drive buses in the Brighton area. :thumbsup:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
The reason why is very obvious to anyone who understands economics.. The wealthy employee controlling minority want a labour force that is cheap.

If any government really wanted to lift its citizens out of poverty it would halt immigation and raise the minimum wage so that "joe public" is not paying billions in benefits like council tax and work credits to subsidise the cheap labour costs that firms love.

What you will find though is, that if at anytime it looks like the lower economic classes are geting at all comfortable or flexing any muscle a new poorer class will be introduced.

Check it out, start at the end of WW2 for ease, instead of retraining and making sure everyone was ok, what happened, millions of pairs of "cheap" labour were imported.

Before the PC brigade get their knickers in a twist, I am an anti racist left leaning person who happens to see how the working class always get screwed. It helps the rich and with a litle help from the press a nice hegemonic condition is maintained.

Of course all those in the middle siding, with the toffs(and the party they run 'conservatives') so as to protect what is really very little helps maintain the status quo.

Doubt it will ever change, too many sheep, baah

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Yes, for those that deserved it, and the useless gits would get what they are worth.

How are you defining "useless gits"? Those that don't work hard? All unskilled workers in the UK (there are 7 million of them)? (Edit - I don't think unskilled workers are useless gits btw, before someone quote-mines this. I just think all unskilled wages would drop without a minimum wage, so that must be what pp means...)

And why would any employer give any employee a payrise just because there's suddenly no minimum? I can't see any motivation to do so...

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Britain needs millions MORE immigrants says the Office for Budget Responsibilit

It is ok, plenty of slags dropping their draws to boost the population living on hand-outs.

What do you do for a living Porkie?

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Yes, for those that deserved it, and the useless gits would get what they are worth.

Probably the funniest thing I've read online this month. You have absolutely no basis for your point and clearly lack even a basic understanding of the subject. You keep on making stuff up as you go along, it's funny.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Bloody stupid pensioners living longer. Bloody winds me up these old sods that have paid taxes and NI contributions for 50 years and the government are blaming the poor sods for living to long. Lets round the ****kers up and stand them 15 deep on beachy head and push em over and I blame the government for banging on about we've got to eat healthy as to many people are dieing.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Wake up people. The rich elite have supreme influence over our politics and these decisions are being made in their interests, not in those of the British public.

It is tragic that we are sitting back and let our country and quality of lives diminish solely to support their excessive lifestyles.

How bad do things have to get before people accept that our economic system & politics are broken -and those in power cannot or will not fix it? Think of the Britain your children and children's children will be living in.

Couldn't agree more.

Jan 30, 2008
Wake up people. The rich elite have supreme influence over our politics and these decisions are being made in their interests, not in those of the British public.

It is tragic that we are sitting back and let our country and quality of lives diminish solely to support their excessive lifestyles.

How bad do things have to get before people accept that our economic system & politics are broken -and those in power cannot or will not fix it? Think of the Britain your children and children's children will be living in.
we've let too many in already and lost our identity , it's not rocket science, MULTICULTURAL BRITAIN YOU'RE HAVING A LAUGH :angry:
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here