B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Trialist Twins then!?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Without wishing to add to the criticism of EVERY SINGLE THING the club do, which is currently prevalent on here, at a time when the club is publically stating its wish to cut costs, do our reserves really need their own overseas pre-season tour?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Where are these tweets from? (For those of us using tapatalk)

The official club account.

k9JlWJH.png

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Without wishing to add to the criticism of EVERY SINGLE THING the club do, which is currently prevalent on here, at a time when the club is publically stating its wish to cut costs, do our reserves really need their own overseas pre-season tour?

Isnt it likely that they need to fulfil the criteria of Elite Player Performance Plan.

I am not sure if foreign opposition is part of that obligation, but personally I wouldn't want the club to cut costs on this part of the club.

Of course it would need to be deemed relevant and appropriate to those young players development, but if so well worth it if we are to be serious about developing future first team players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Isnt it likely that they need to fulfil the criteria of Elite Player Performance Plan.

I am not sure if foreign opposition is part of that obligation, but personally I wouldn't want the club to cut costs on this part of the club.

Of course it would need to be deemed relevant and appropriate to those young players development, but if so well worth it if we are to be serious about developing future first team players.

If so, then fair enough. Unlikely though.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If so, then fair enough. Unlikely though.

At first glance you cannot help but see a cost when young wannabes are tucked up in a nice 4 star hotel for a week of training and a couple of games in the sun.

But if any academy is to be taken serious then I guess it is necessary for them to play teams with different styles of play and the associated experiences that foreign football and travel offers.

Ultimately if you cant afford it you cant afford it, but I can see the benefits.

Stumpy Tim

I believe youth football isn't counted when it comes to FFP, so I assume this will be budgeted for in the youth budget

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here