Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

According to the Brighton and Hove buses website, they will no longer be running the R, H and P buses this season and all questions should be directed to the club.

Last edited by a moderator:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Transport is looking a bit of a tangle then...I was looking at H as a substitute for Coldean when coming in from the West....when I am not on the train of course.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
But the rottingdean and mile oak shuttle buses still run yeah??

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No mention of the 'S' bus in the OP, so I was feeling kinda smug, but alas, it appears that's gone too. If true, this has got the potential to have a major factor on attendances (increases the hassle factor of having to change buses and/or get to a P&R site), club revenues (fewer people driving and not drinking) and relationships between fans/customers and the club.

Needs some clarification pronto, methinks...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
According to the Brighton and Hove buses website, they will no longer be running the R, H and P buses this season and all questions should be directed to the club.

If they are stopping the H buses I bloody well hope they are doubling the number of S buses!

Me thinks the club may have a problem levying the transport charge in future if the service is being cut back, never mind, they will just add it on to the booking charge, or ticket price........

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

That can't surely be right ? If it is what did season ticket holders pay the £50 travel supplement for ?

Shit - just checked :

"For the new season there will only be the special Park & Ride football buses, to get there from other places in the city area you will need to change onto any of the direct services serving the Amex Stadium. Brighton & Hove Albion will not be running any other special services this season any questions should be directed to the football club."

What the bloody hell are the club doing ?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I HOPE that just means they have made arrangements with someone else and just won't be using B&H Buses anymore. Perhaps they were charging too much or something.

I HOPE...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh, and more people leaving early, of course.

How long, and how many buses to get from Shoreham-by-Sea? :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
pringles-lobachevsky1.jpeg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This must be wrong. Surely?

So from rottingdean ive now got to get into town to catch another bus or get a train? The trains after the game will be mayhem. The R bus queue was huge so of that number of people are being redirected then it would be chaos.

Again, have I misunderstood this?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
From the B&H website:

For the new season there will only be the special Park & Ride football buses, to get there from other places in the city area you will need to change onto any of the direct services serving the Amex Stadium. Brighton & Hove Albion will not be running any other special services this season any questions should be directed to the football club.

http://www.buses.co.uk/travel/football.aspx

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Unless they have found a better deal with a cheaper more efficient operator!?

You'd think the club website might mention it then. Or is it another sneaky change like the Newport game ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I HOPE that just means they have made arrangements with someone else and just won't be using B&H Buses anymore. Perhaps they were charging too much or something.

I HOPE...

Ah, that didn't even cross my mind.

That must be the reason. I can't see any logic behind scrapping the routes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here