Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet - the dressing room should remain a secret.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just read the Mirror story today with Gus adding fuel to the fire and reaffirming rumours.

"One day I will write a book and maybe try to explain. I never wrote a book as a player, I never would as a manager either - the dressing room should remain a secret. But this has nothing to do with football."

Mirror story

Surelly this is a big thumbs up for everyone to speculate about this secret without any legal action being taken against them?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I thought the center of this whole thing was how he refused to deal with contracts and told the players so.

I thought that was it? :shrug:

That was one of his alleged breaches of contract. There are other things that lead to him taking that (lack of) action. Allegedly.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I thought the center of this whole thing was how he refused to deal with contracts and told the players so.

I thought that was it? :shrug:

That was on the list, along with the email he sent to all AITC & BHAFC staff which leaked to the press.

I think this is about his general conduct in the dressing room, especially during the semi's. As Gus has said on the BBC "they players know the way I am and the way I do things, that's me."

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What I woud like to know is.....

Wheres the FA Cup money and what went wrong with Signing Owen :annoyed:

BLOOM OUT

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I still can't get over this "sacked on TV" line. That clearly wasn't the case, because even if he WAS told while on BBC pundit duties, the moment he was told was hardly being streamed live.

Also: "Poyet added: "We will have discussions in the next few days and decide what to do. We will analyse it. I wish I could explain what happened but I still can't. At least it is finally over but I am disappointed that it finished like this." Is that contradictory, or is he merely referring to his time as manager of the Albion? He, more than anybody else, knew that he wasn't coming back before this all kicked off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So thats 2 newspapers he has a story with today, not whoring himself to the media or anything then !!

Bet he will be on Sky Sports later on !!

a high profile manager , who gets sacked for gross misconduct, goes through layers of appeals and has the PMA on his side is not going to be a story two papers run with then is it?

No you are right, people are going to sweep it under the carpet and forget about it....FFS what planet are you living on. Anyway after all the vitreol you have posted on here about Poyet, I thought you would be happy to see the back of him anyway...why are you trawling the papers to get more stories?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So thats 2 newspapers he has a story with today, not whoring himself to the media or anything then !!

Yeah, I don't reckon there's any chance the papers contacted him

Last edited:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
God forbid he talks to the press WITHOUT touting himself as a PL manager!!

Just once it would be nice to see him comment on anything without turning it into a CV.

I realise he is now unemployed and needs to tout himself out, but had he been a little more reserved in the first place about this perhaps he wouldn't be unemployed!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
a high profile manager , who gets sacked for gross misconduct, goes through layers of appeals and has the PMA on his side is not going to be a story two papers run with then is it?

No you are right, people are going to sweep it under the carpet and forget about it....FFS what planet are you living on. Anyway after all the vitreol you have posted on here about Poyet, I thought you would be happy to see the back of him anyway...why are you trawling the papers to get more stories?

I think it was only one appeal, hardly layers, and that should read LMA!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Don't you think it possible that they might have approached him?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Assuming his advisers tell him not to carry on through the courts, I can imagine his ego will not allow him to keep quiet. He will want the world to know how badly he was treated. We will see a big feature in one of the tabloids where he will give all the gory details and in the process open himself up to being sued by the club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here