Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Crofty Please with Progress

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Andrew Crofts is looking forward to a pre-season test against Getafe tonight as he continues his preparation for another promising season on the south coast.
The Welsh international is enjoying his first summer training camp with the Seagulls and said that he’s enjoying the sessions lead by head coach Oscar Garcia.
Speaking from Albion's Madrid base, Crofts told seagulls.co.uk, “I missed the training camp last season but these trips are always good to get the squad knitted together again, and it gives the new gaffer a chance to put across his methods on how he wants us to play.
“We have a few weeks to take his methods on board, the best we can before we play Leeds on 3rd August. I’ve been so impressed with what I’ve seen so far and he knows what he wants.
“It won’t be too different because we have always played a passing style of football, so all the boys have taken to it and we’re just looking forward to the games now.
“It’s been a really good few days, where the weather is good, the food’s good and it’s been a great atmosphere. The players are together 24/7 and we find out a bit more about each other. We hear about each other’s families and it's been good from that respect.

“Now we’re looking forward to a game tonight against Getafe which will be a tough test. As a footballer you want to experience everything. Playing against other tops teams is always going to make you a better player, which is what we want. Getafe are a top team, they play attractive football and it bodes well for a good game tonight.
“It’s all about getting the match fitness in and working hard to put things into practice, which we’ve been working on during training.”
The 29-year-old admitted that he felt an element of frustration around last season from a fitness point of view but he is excited about the prospect of the 2013/14 campaign.
“I can’t wait for this season. Last season was frustrating; I signed late in pre-season. I did most my pre-season at Norwich and moving late didn’t help me as my family were still in Norwich, and my missus was pregnant, so it was bit stressful.
“Then I picked up a few injuries. I’ve had a full pre-season with the boys, I’m settled and so happy with my family life, which helps a lot. I can’t wait for the start of the season.
“It’s a great league to be involved in and everyone is going into the start of the season feeling like they have the chance to achieve something.
“We were close to doing that and hopefully this season we will go one better. We all know what a tough league it is and that’s why it’s great to be involved in.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here