Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus in the Indy today

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, it went up last night, some people have commented on it in the 'club confirm poyet dismissal' thread.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Same old Gus 'slippery shoulders'.......it has been a feature of his character that everyone is to blame except him.....shame to end this way, but the club are best keeping quiet and letting him get on with whatever he feels he needs to do.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For me, the most interesting aspect of that is that it's written by Sam Wallace - the journo who was adamant Gus was off to Reading, wanted to leave and that the deal was all but done. Given the vacuum of information from the club at the time, he could only be getting his info from the Reading end or someone close to Gus... and this would suggest the latter. So maybe GP was a bit closer to leaving than we all thought? Or at the very least quite happy to give that impression, hoping it would strengthen his 'bargaining' position within his existing job.

That went well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's not gonna shoulder even a smidgen of the blame for what happened is he?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I hope he takes it to Court. That way the Club may get a chance to counter-claim against him and get the compensation his sly get-out tactics have achieved for him. Allegedly obviously.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If only he would say why the club gave him the Spanish Archer, now, that would be a story !

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I hope he takes it to Court. That way the Club may get a chance to counter-claim against him and get the compensation his sly get-out tactics have achieved for him. Allegedly obviously.

Nonsense.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
“I think I had have had great preparation: two assistant manager jobs at Swindon and Leeds with Dennis Wise and then another with Juande Ramos at Spurs. I have had three and a half years at Brighton. I have improved every year. I think I am ready to have a go at the Premier League.”

Sounds a bit desperate...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Date on the article is Wednesday 17th July which is why I thought I'd seen it on NSC before :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
For me, the most interesting aspect of that is that it's written by Sam Wallace - the journo who was adamant Gus was off to Reading, wanted to leave and that the deal was all but done. Given the vacuum of information from the club at the time, he could only be getting his info from the Reading end or someone close to Gus... and this would suggest the latter. So maybe GP was a bit closer to leaving than we all thought? Or at the very least quite happy to give that impression, hoping it would strengthen his 'bargaining' position within his existing job.

That went well.

Very good point

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
It all stinks to high Heaven.
As a supporter I don't like being treated like a "concha" by the club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It all stinks to high Heaven.
As a supporter I don't like being treated like a "concha" by the club.

There is something in the post by trueblue that would answer your concern, if it ever came out, which it won't. The club is not treating you badly.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Even for those that remember the good times under GP, even though they may still support him, there is one undeniable, in your face, problem. EGO. Simple as that, ghetto boy got an argument for everything hasn't he. That's what it makes me think.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I like the article. Aside from the schoolboy "we told you you were being sacked - no you didn't" nonsense, and with neither side going to go into mucky details, the references to the fans, the acknowledgement of what has happened to us over the last few years, are visible enough for me to not hold any sort of a grudge. GP had a falling out with the board; he deserves all the footballing plaudits/changing underachieving clubs plaudits he gets.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here