Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FA Cup - Back on the Beeb (and BT Sport)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think this is fantastic news. Hopefully we'll see someone other than Manchester United now.

Last time the BBC had the rights, they had a policy of picking out the interesting games, rather than the 'big' games.

EDIT: Deal effective from the start of the 2014/15 season. ITV sport retains rights to all England friendly international matches.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
More to the point, no more of those cringeworthy Ladbrokes adverts before, during and after every programme.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The added bonus also that by the time they get the rights back, Alan Hansen will have vacated the sofa, as I gather he is leaving the BBC at the end of the forthcoming season.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think the real news here is that there'll be less of Adrian Chiles and his brand of potato faced misery on tv.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Don't understand the animosity towards ITV's football coverage, or indeed their sport coverage in general. It's way better than the tedious, smug 'personality' driven approach of the BBC. Their expert analysis usually consists of 'hilarious bants' between morons like Savage and Lawro. Still not convinced... let me drop these names into the mix: Alan Shearer, Mick McCarthy and Mark Bright.

The added bonus also that by the time they get the rights back, Alan Hansen will have vacated the sofa, as I gather he is leaving the BBC at the end of the forthcoming season.

Yep. John Hartson also set to join MOTD & MOTD2 coverage this season

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Don't understand the animosity towards ITV's football coverage, or indeed their sport coverage in general. It's way better than the tedious, smug 'personality' driven approach of the BBC. Their expert analysis usually consists of 'hilarious bants' between morons like Savage and Lawro. Still not convinced... let me drop these names into the mix: Alan Shearer, Mick McCarthy and Mark Bright.

BBC is simply the lesser of the two evils.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
itv is crap for england games to many breaks

The breaks don't bother me, I only ever bother with the game itself, turning on a few mins before kick off and I'll be grabbing a drink at half time etc. The downside to ITV is that in std def the quality of their picture is awful. Thankfully I have HD but watching via std freeview can be painful.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The main problem I have with ITV is Andy Townsend. His co-commentating is so bad that I often play music during matches I'm watching on ITV so I don't have to hear the prattle between him and Tyldesley.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Still better than Chiles. Now, if you'd said Garth Crooks...well,then it'd be close.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The main problem I have with ITV is Andy Townsend. His co-commentating is so bad that I often play music during matches I'm watching on ITV so I don't have to hear the prattle between him and Tyldesley.

I don't expect too much from football pundits so I'm very rarely dissappointed, Townsend is the pits though.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'd take all three of those over Andy Townsend any day.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Don't you mean William Hill, spot the FA Cup Adverts?

Are those William Hill? Fair one. I know there were some annoying shouty Ladbrokes ones around for a while too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here