Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Sheffield Wednesday '83 cup semi final

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Have they lost the archives to other seasons other than this one and 1978/79?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Standing behind the goal on a scorching afternoon watching Jimmy Case's thunderbolt hitting the back of the net just in front of me is one of my top Albion GREAT memories

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Standing behind the goal on a scorching afternoon watching Jimmy Case's thunderbolt hitting the back of the net just in front of me if one of my top 5 Albion great memories

I must have been just behind you - I thought it was heading straight for my face !

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Standing behind the goal on a scorching afternoon watching Jimmy Case's thunderbolt hitting the back of the net just in front of me is one of my top Albion GREAT memories

I was just to the left of the goal and watched it for what appeared like minutes fly into the goal. One of those special football moments.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

Indeed, one of my top Albion highlights. In fact, without wishing to appear a bit of a saddo with no life or other interests, one of the top moments of my life. I jumped so high in celebration I could almost SEE the Twin Towers!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It still puzzles me to this day how on earth we managed to beat the MASSIVE Sheffield Wednesday

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I still think that that was the best free kick ever scored by the Albion.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I must have been just behind you - I thought it was heading straight for my face !

Ha....me too, if you ask them, all 10000 in the clock end will tell you the same story,.....but we actually were, you can see my brother up on the section fence during some of the post match lap of honour.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only game I've ever bought a ticket off a tout for. My brother was supposed to meet me outside Highbury as he had my ticket but didn't turn until about 5 minutes before k.o., pissed as a google, by which time I'd panicked and bought another ticket.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed, one of my top Albion highlights. In fact, without wishing to appear a bit of a saddo with no life or other interests, one of the top moments of my life. I jumped so high in celebration I could almost SEE the Twin Towers!

The final whistle and the surreal feeling that little old Brighton and Hove Albion were actually going to Wembley was a feeling that will live for me for the rest of my life. That Case goal was probably only topped in emotion by Smith heading us into the lead in the final. I was on the top tier at Wembley and you COULD feel the floor move when he scored.

I doubt anything we achieve in the future will top those moments tbh. Maybe winning the Champion's League Final? :jester:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I was right up the top behind that goal will never forget JC's goal going in I thought the net was going to snap !!

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
The final whistle and the surreal feeling that little old Brighton and Hove Albion were actually going to Wembley was a feeling that will live for me for the rest of my life. That Case goal was probably only topped in emotion by Smith heading us into the lead in the final. I was on the top tier at Wembley and you COULD feel the floor move when he scored.

I doubt anything we achieve in the future will top those moments tbh. Maybe winning the Champion's League Final? :jester:
You and I are of a like mind, my friend. Also being younger I think I cared more about the results, I have more equanimity now: 'If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two imposters just the same' and all that.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Ha....me too, if you ask them, all 10000 in the clock end will tell you the same story,.....but we actually were, you can see my brother up on the section fence during some of the post match lap of honour.

I do remember the guy in front of me saying "It's in" as Case hit it, long before it was anywhere near the goal.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
Still got the ticket stubb as well as a few other tasty Albion games
Only £4 for an FA cup final ticket :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports