Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much to renew parking season ticket at uni?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
For the last two seasons I've payed the £260 for the uni parking on match days but after we've all payed an extra £50 for transport levy I'm not sure I'm prepared to pay the extra £260 this year
I've had no emails from the club for parking this season so was wondering are loads of you still renewing and how much is it this year

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£270 I believe.

At least that's what I think I paid.
When I said I, obviously I meant Tesco credit card, so it doesn't really count.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I renewed. It was about the same. Small increase maybe. Worth every penny.

I said on another thread that some medics I spoke to the other day who work there are a bit whingy about us parking there and causing 'inconvenience'. But all in all its working nicely. Luckily the are too arrogant to bother to mount an objection to us . . . . Lol!

I'd recommend renewing - and do it quick while there is availability!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's so convienant parking there STATS but at £270 on top of paying £50 for levy I'm not sure if I can keep giving

I've always p&r'ed it until the last couple of games, last season as a trial.
I think I may end up working later on Saturdays, so to guarantee getting to the games I don't feel I have much choice.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think Mr Soprano, that you've forgotten that the first season was about a hundred pounds more. Last year they dropped the price substantially, ostensibly due to the transport levy, and this year the price remains unchanged.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Has anyone thought about going halves? I'm in hangleton. Me and my son so room for 2 more. Only £135 per father son combo then.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why not plump for free train travel? Just asking as it works very well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I'd do the train except it doesn't work well for my boys on an evening match. My brother finishes work late Saturdays and I pick him up. So no choice really

And as said, the ticket is just over ten pounds per game when you factor in a few extra cup games. Certainly if there are a couple of you chipping in, it becomes a lot cheaper..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've always Mill Road P & R, and it's worked perfectly, but with the expansion it's been filling earlier and earlier.
This coupled with me finishing work later was posing a problem.

I was having to leave for footy 1/2 an hour before finishing work.

With work potentially finishing later I was stuffed.

I Uni'ed Wolves and Palace, it worked really well, and it takes all the stress/panic away from leaving late when coming from the furthest reaches of the better half of Sussex.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
does any one????

Agreed, I must admit I have thought this on quite a few occasions over the past 3 months. Putting aside the GP matter, the 'seating plan' regarding the cost of matchday cup tickets and the realigning of the 'lower west' concessions has never been explained, nor has the booking fee PR fiasco.

Regarding the travel arrangements for the friendly's and the Newport game. I don't expect to pay £8 or £12, and get free travel. I don't mind paying, but can you imagine what will happen when 20,000 supporters try to leave the stadium after the Newport game with no proper transport plan in place. What happens if there's extra time or a penalty shoot God knows.

Once I had purchased the tickets, I rang the ticket office and asked if I could book car parking as they weren't available on the website, although one page contradicted this. I was told that they didn't know anything about travel or parking arrangements for the 3 games and to look online everyday. Finally the car park tickets were made available and I booked them.

The Albion were proud of their 'Green' credentials. They said "The Council' monitor the ways in which fans travel to the Amex, and the club is committed to meeting its targets and delivering on our promises to the local community". Well it was.

The Club's Charter states "A Travel Levy of £50 per season, per adult, for 23 league games will be applied to all season ticket holders; travel for cup games will be included in the match ticket price." Well that seems pretty clear and this is included on a number of other web pages, e.g. http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/home-fans-travel-239441.aspx .

Something about a brewery springs to mind.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Thinking about booking this, how long does it take to get away after the match ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thinking about booking this, how long does it take to get away after the match ?
Bizarrely enough we got home at exactly the same time as P&R.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

It can depend on whether you head east or west from the uni car park. I head east, never miss a moment of play and am back home in Eastbourne about 35 to 40 minutes after the final whistle. If you're dumped in one of the top car parks then that will add about 5 to 10 minutes depending on how quickly you walk. I usually leave by the top exit, there's normally a smaller queue there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here