Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No P&R for Newport game

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
As there is no P&R for the Newport game my plan is to park at Mithras House and get the 25 bus from near The Avenue.
Does anyone know whether it's normal route stops and picks up from Village Way or is it from the A27?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is there really no P&R for the Newport game? ???

I could understand it for the Villarreal, and Norwich games as they are friendlies, but the Newport game is a competitive cup match.

Blimey.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
And this from Brighton & Hove Buses website:

Brighton & Hove Albion are NOT running any Park & Ride buses or special services for the first three friendly/cup games on the dates below.

Saturday 27 July, Tuesday 30 July and Tuesday 6 August.

Tickets for these matches DO NOT GIVE FREE TRAVEL. It is clearly stated on the match ticket so there will be no doubt as to there validity.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think that's a mistake. Commuting means that my best option to get to the Norwich & Newport games via Mill Road.
Now, it's going to be a right pain in the arse.
Boooo

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And this from Brighton & Hove Buses website:

Brighton & Hove Albion are NOT running any Park & Ride buses or special services for the first three friendly/cup games on the dates below.

Saturday 27 July, Tuesday 30 July and Tuesday 6 August.

Tickets for these matches DO NOT GIVE FREE TRAVEL. It is clearly stated on the match ticket so there will be no doubt as to there validity.

So the club are now being selective about which games you get free transport for?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think someone has already told the Newport County fans on their message board about free train travel from Haywards Heath...

Must admit I just assumed there was as it is a competitive match. Has the club made people aware and I just missed it ?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think someone has already told the Newport County fans on their message board about free train travel from Haywards Heath...

Must admit I just assumed there was as it is a competitive match. Has the club made people aware and I just missed it ?

Nothing on the site.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

If this is true then I suspect that the message was in a locked cabinet in a dark cellar with a big sign saying "beware of the tiger" at its entrance.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield

I thought that it was a condition for competitive matches that P&R had to be in operation but it appears not.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
As there is no P&R for the Newport game my plan is to park at Mithras House and get the 25 bus from near The Avenue.
Does anyone know whether it's normal route stops and picks up from Village Way or is it from the A27?

In answer to your question re the No. 25 it stops and picks up from both locations, as does the No. 23

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is poor communication from the club again. I would have automatically presumed that a League cup game would include transport.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

Can you park at Mithras then when there is no P&R arrangement? Anyway you can park on street all along there and in the side streets. Could get a train or a bus from there.

No P&R isn't the same thing as no free travel on the buses or trains.

If it's not the normal transport arrangements, though, the Club should be telling us what is happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here