Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stolen -Recovered

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
What is the most that has been nicked off you, and did you get it back?

About 4 years ago I put £600 in the bank along with some cheques. When checking atatement 2 days later I noticed the sum deposited was £600 light.

I went to the bank and they told me that my stamped cheque book and their branch records differed. Thankfully whilst having the initial conversation over the counter it was mentioned that the cashier in question had been fired and was on her last days notice when I kindly aded to her final paycheck.

A month later I got my money back, no apology, no interest, but at least i got the cash!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
1 x Audi S3, 12 months old. Made it as far as Portslade. Long story, but ends up with scouser banged up for 10 years. Result.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I had a tv, vcr & microwave stolen in a burglary 20 odd years ago. About a year later, the police searched a house with a warrant for an entirely different crime, and found my tv. I had marked it with one of those ultra violet pens with my house number and postcode. My insurance policy was new for old, so I had already replaced it. The police didn't want it once the case was finished (they got 5 years) and the insurance company didn't want it, so I got it back.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Brother in law got an Audi A6 returned after three days, minus the baby seat in the back, the CDs in the glovebox and a map book. When the cops eventually found who it was who'd stroked it - there were prints and he was known - he claimed he'd "borrowed" it to get home and that someone else had taken what had been nicked from it. Still ended up doing time.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Came back to Brighton for my honeymoon. Rented a BMW to tour the coastal UK. Having survived that a Brightonian nicked it outside of my hotel and dumped it in the sea at an all night party.
He did eight months.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I've had 3 cars stolen. The first was my pride and joy white xr2 which ran out of petrol between Lewes and Uckfield and returned by the police.
The second my white sierra estate dumped at the jack and Jill pub near hassocks minus x4 wheels.
The third, Saab 900 turbo dumped at the top of ditching rd.
I would have been happier if they had burnt the sierra out so I could get the insurance, worst car I ever had.....actually my Renault 5 was considerably worse and caught fire on the a27 with me in it whilst doing 70

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
Got burgled recently, and they turned out the drawers etc, but didn't notice the envelope in a folder they turned out onto the bed which had about four thousand euros cash savings in! Not quite recovered, but felt the same!
They did nick laptops and jewellery, which insurance more or less covered.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Some thieving toerag nicked my BMW 330 msport off my drive and then used it for a drive by before ditching it in an estate in slough... Insurance paid up 30minutes before the cops found it which was lucky!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I had my 1990 Astra Estate stolen, it was recovered but it was a write-off. The twats that stole it had an argument with a couple of fence posts and had buckled the floor. Wasn't worth anything, it was my Dad's old car, had done over 160,000 miles. The only pisser was I'd only just had the front brake pads done on it so was about £100 out of pocket.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not stolen, but lost and recovered.

On the way home from a long weekend in Barcelona I left a bag in the taxi we'd used to get to the airport. Unfortunately that bag contained our plane tickets, passports, video camera, house keys, wallet etc. We managed to fly home without passports and tickets which we'd booked online, but about a week later I got a letter from the British Embassy in Barcelona stating the taxi driver had handed the whole lot in and we got everything back - including my wallet with cash in it!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
When I was a kid, I had my bike stolen. It was a crappy thing but hey I was a kid and it was a bike. I had had it postcoded which involved taking it to the police station and having them stamp your postcode on the frame. We reported it to the police and then heard nothing for 18 months when we got a phone call from the police. In short though they had not found my bike, they had a number of bikes that had been recovered where the owner had not been identified. So I was able to go along and choose a bike. Imagine my delight when I saw a Harlo Freestyler.

dscn2420_lg.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
About five hundred quid from my bank account after my card got cloned. Got it all back though, after I was able to prove I hadn't been on a supermarket spending spree in- who'd have thought it?- Croydon and south east London.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Not exactly stolen, but a friend who was travelling around Nepal once went to Kathmandu post office to send a large parcel back home.

He went home but the parcel never arrived. After a while he shrugged and wrote it off as 'lost in transit'.

Five years later he happened to be in Nepal again. Went back to the same post office... and there was his parcel, still sitting on the shelf behind the counter where the original cashier had placed it...

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Passport. On honeymoon in NY had our luggage stolen from a locked van while we were in the World Trade Centre. Had to go to consulate to get emergency papers to come home. Months later the passports turned up in the post but I never heard anything else.

Had other stuff nicked but never got it back.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Had a Specialized racing bike stolen from my shed in York, value around £600-700, the police said they knew who the pikeys were but have to catch them with the bike first as they cant just search their camp site without a warrant. :facepalm: never got it back :down:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My wife had her virginity taken, but through dedication she seems to have got it back.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
When I was much, much younger I lived in The Stag pub in Hastings. One night some guys on a ladder tried to nick something off the front, believe it was the lamp above the front door. Had a pair of bolt cutters. Can't remember if they got away with it, think my dad chased them off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here