Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

T20 Sussex v Middlesex

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
With qualification now out of the question in the bish, bash, bosh Trophy, tonight's outing is merely an excuse to soak up a few more rays and indulge in some face filling.

As I haven't hit the County Ground this season, can anyone fill me in on pies and beer ? Will they be serving piglets pies, if so from where and what are the chances of grabbing a decent pint of ale.

Thanks NSC

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Looking forward to tonight, the pressure is off and we can give some of our youngsters a run out and rest our big names ahead of the upcoming 4-dayer against the same opponents.

The weather will be nice too, lovely evening to watch cricket.

Also in case some of you don't know tonight's game is on SKY SPORTS ASHES, coverage from 7pm onwards.

Not even sure they sell pie, there's paella though, beer is nearly £4 a go I think.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Not to fussed about tonight so will watch it on telly.
I'm there Friday, if we last that long

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
I will be going down there. It should be a great night in the late evening sunshine at Hove. Piglet Pies are on offer in the kiosk in the North East corner.

Surely it is time that one of the big hitting Sussex boys went large. I think tonight is the night!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
At least we don't have to worry about the result. Hopefully it will be fun knockabout in the summer sun. Can't for the four day game to start wednesday may pop down on friday.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Yes HCD - the match against Middle in the Champo is a huge one. I cant wait for that either. If we win that we are right in the mix to be top of the pile at the end of the season. We could be in for 4 days of arse gripping tension just like Trent Bridge!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Going off the T20 topic now, but our home form is vital in this run-in especially as we have a nailed on defeat at Warwickshire to look forward too. Still it is a relatively well balanced side with some character, it could be a very exciting season indeed.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Going off the T20 topic now, but our home form is vital in this run-in especially as we have a nailed on defeat at Warwickshire to look forward too. Still it is a relatively well balanced side with some character, it could be a very exciting season indeed.

You are spot on about home form being crucial. Especially with 4 of the 6 remaining games being at Hove. The groundsman at Hove, Andy, is a bit of a legend and I am hoping he will be able to produce a few pitches with real pace in to suit both our quickies and to give Monty something with a bit of bounce in it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Always enjoy a T20 - even if this is somewhat a dead rubber game now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here