Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 bed det houses

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I live in Kent at the moment and am looking to get a home nearer to brighton for about £400,000.

Where do you think i should go? or more to the point where should i avoid?

feedback from the locals would be great.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
shoreham or West Hove (as some of the locals call Portslade) should see you get something decent for your money

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
shoreham or West Hove (as some of the locals call Portslade) should see you get something decent for your money

could i find something for that price in hove? It seems to me everything is getting abit pricey around the city.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Portslade wouldn't be a bad choice or Southwick. Might have to spend a bit extra though

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
You'd get a pretty decent house for that in Hangleton AND have the advantage of being near the H and S routes to the Amex on match day !

Or in Hove - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42031616.html

Or even in Withdean it seems ! http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27512082.html

thanks mate. There is some hope. I have'nt looked at withdean yet. All the years walking to the ground every other week and i did'nt even think of it :blush:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
My mums semi-detached 3 bedroom house in Portslade just went for £240,000.
I think you'll easily find something for £400,000 in Portslade / Southwick / outskirts of Shoreham.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
thanks mate. There is some hope. I have'nt looked at withdean yet. All the years walking to the ground every other week and i did'nt even think of it :blush:

Withdean is generally over priced so be careful. It really depends on what you really want and what work you're prepared to put in. For example here in sleepy Hangleton my neighbours brought the semi-detatched 1 bed bungalow next door for £200k. £30k to add an extra layer and it's about to become a two bathroom, 3 bed with a 120 foot garden.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
My mums semi-detached 3 bedroom house in Portslade just went for £240,000.
I think you'll easily find something for £400,000 in Portslade / Southwick / outskirts of Shoreham.

I think we will prob end up in an area like that. Close enough to get to the city but far enough to be affordable

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Saltdean is very nice, parts of Woodingdean, might even find something Ovingdean if someone wants a quick sale.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Withdean is generally over priced so be careful. It really depends on what you really want and what work you're prepared to put in. For example here in sleepy Hangleton my neighbours brought the semi-detatched 1 bed bungalow next door for £200k. £30k to add an extra layer and it's about to become a two bathroom, 3 bed with a 120 foot garden.

Yeah, we are keeping our options open, and if we need to do a place up than i think we will give it a go.

Our aim is to down size and become mortgage free. Well thats the plan :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here