Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happened to crisps?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Grab bags, 25 % extra, tubes, boxes, family size, multi packs, fun size, special edition....what happened to normal crisps?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
image.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And why are grab bags called grab bags? They're just big bags so why doesn't it just say Big Bag of Crisps on the packet? I imagine if you're fat you might grab at these more than smaller packets? Is this the reason?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And why are grab bags called grab bags? They're just big bags so why doesn't it just say Big Bag of Crisps on the packet? I imagine if you're fat you might grab at these more than smaller packets? Is this the reason?

Because they are the only size bags the big fatties can get their big fat sausage fingers around to "grab"?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Grab bags, 25 % extra, tubes, boxes, family size, multi packs, fun size, special edition....what happened to normal crisps?

exactly what i thought yesterday, went into the garage and wanted a bag of dorito's, all they had were GRAB bags.

what does it mean?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Because the focus group that the vastly over paid Walker's marketing department took it to, deemed "big" bag boring.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I wish companies were more honest.

"GRAB BAG" Really? They should be called "FATTY BAGS" or "MAXIMISING PROFIT BY LIMITING CHOICE" bags

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Big fat people with their big fat grabby hands

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I wish companies were more honest.

"GRAB BAG" Really? They should be called "FATTY BAGS" or "MAXIMISING PROFIT BY LIMITING CHOICE" bags

Haha! Fatty bags, brilliant. Brilliant.

Oct 25, 2003
i can't be doing with these posh crisps with ridiculous flavours either

there's only need for about 7 flavours of crisps (brannigans and mccoys are immune from criticism)

Back in the late seventies early eighties there were these things like really thin wheat crunchies, tubes of some description.

If anyone can remember what they were or even if you can get anything like them now I would be very happy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i can't be doing with these posh crisps with ridiculous flavours either

there's only need for about 7 flavours of crisps (brannigans and mccoys are immune from criticism)

Steady on there turi.

I'll take a bag of Jalapeno crisps, with my pint, over any of your old skool 7 flavours, ANY day.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thyme and cracked black sea pepper with a rumour of lime chilli, baked not fried with just a hint of middle class breast milk, Ideal for dinner parties and nights in front of HBO box sets. Or for big fat *****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here