Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many brighton managers have you disliked since supporting the albion?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
(since about 87) McGhee is pretty much the only one

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What sort of attention seeking tosser asks that sort of question and then answers it with probably our 3 most successful? I'm not saying there isn't reason to dislike all of those but typical of you to name all three. You really are a total nob.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Adams mk II

That's it. And even then, I didn't DISLIKE him, just what he was doing t the team. I pitied him as much as I hated what he was doing. His decisions were SO baffling that it was as though he had some kind of mental problem.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I haven't hated any, but I didn't particularly connect with the most recent peter taylor, McGhee or Adams second time around.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Poyet and Adams Mk II

Adams Mk II was just VERY strange. I don't necessarily hate him, he was just BAD.

Whatever people say I did not like Poyet's tactics and I think he was a bit of a **** all things said and done.

My managerial hero is SLADE.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Adams mk II

That's it. And even then, I didn't DISLIKE him, just what he was doing t the team. I pitied him as much as I hated what he was doing. His decisions were SO baffling that it was as though he had some kind of mental problem.

This. More sadness than anger.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not HATE but felt Hinshelwood was on a hiding to nothing.

Surprised Coppells names not popped up in this thread yet mind.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Cloughie (for leaving too soon)
Wood (if he counts)
Taylor & Coppell (both ex scum)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Slade , everyone thought he was the best thing since sliced bread when we avoided relegation to the bottom tier but I knew when he was appointed it would all go tits up the following season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I took quite a dislike to Thicky

albionite

May 20, 2009
Why are people saying Poyet? Ok it hasn't finished very nice but he has given us the best football I have seen Brighton play. The first season you could say was a little bit negative passing it around the back, but I thought it was improving each season.

Same as McGhee always liked him but he lost his way at the end. Wilkins is the only one who didn't do it for me. Not that I disliked him, just found his brand of football boring and it became a chore to go to the Withdean more than usual.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Slade , everyone thought he was the best thing since sliced bread when we avoided relegation to the bottom tier but I knew when he was appointed it would all go tits up the following season.

How you can hate that FANTASTIC man I'll never know. He's a HERO and saved us from almost certain relegation.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
None. I guess every manager has done things that have irritated/annoyed me but I haven't hated any of them. I was extremely pleased to see the back of Wood and Hinshlewood, and sad but relieved when Jimmy Case went, but I appreciate they all did their best.

Now chairmen I've hated ...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How you can hate that FANTASTIC man I'll never know. He's a HERO and saved us from almost certain relegation.

Indeed. And considering the tools he did it with = Calvin Andrew, Doug Loft, Gary Hart, Lloyd Owusu - it was a TOWERING achievement.

Oct 25, 2003

utterly ridiculous....keeping us up that season changed albion history. We would've started life at the AMEX in either league 2 or league 1. The crowds would be MUCH lower. We were poor the following season but to say you dislike him after all he did the previous season (do you not remember how much of a complete shambles we were before he took over) is one of the most ludicrous things I've read on here. Plus he's a lovely chap.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here