Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Babylon search' GRRR ....... help

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I let the public use my computer over the weekend and now have some pain in the arse thing running when I open my browser and I cannot get shot of the ******* ..... delta search and babylon keep getting in the way......... any tips?

(and yes I have tried turning it off)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I can't believe we can't post 'bar stewards'

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Are they listed as programs that can be uninstalled? Browser addons that can be disabled/removed?

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Type, removing babylon and follow what it tells you to do. It will of installed itself in three places which it will require removing from.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Go to control panel and uninstall the programs then reset your home page by clicking on the settings and manual reseting it. You should be fine
I've been plagued with both of those programs before and got rid of them easily enough

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
As above, download Spybot Search and Destroy and run it as Administrator.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My boy had it on his PC. uninstalled it to no avail so deleted anything called babylon. still no joy. Then went through the registry manually searching for "babylon" and deleted any entries. That got rid.
*warning* going through the registry can bugger up your pc so if you don't know what you're doing, dont.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have been invaded similarly in the past by various of these pests. Some can be got rid of by uninstalling but some I had to get rid of by signing up for Spy Hunter. That worked a treat and now regularly run it to get rid of any lurking little b*****s..

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
NAILED THE SOD!

cheers folks, high fives and pats on the back all round

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here