Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My afternoon in the club shop . . . .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was visiting Sussex Uni today (3 hour drive round accident-strewn M26/25 was no fun). Naturally I diverted myself to the club shop after I'd finished listening to a bit of droning-on from various annoying uni lecturers. After I'd shelled out on three home and two away shirts for myself and various loved ones, I thought I'd ask a cheeky 'how many season tickets have we sold' to the last remaining employee in the ticket section after the Barber cull (there were three there last time I popped in a couple of weeks ago). 'Over 24000' was the reply. 'More than last season'.

Crikey - that is impressive.

As I was about to leave I spotted a pile of 'Charlie, Albion Hero Legend Friend' (punctuation not all that great, but whatever) books. A Fiver. One was signed. I couldn't resist. I was a bit surprised to see them still on sale. So I asked the staff about this. Obviously they are no more privy to the inner workings of the mind of the Lizard than we are. I wonder if Charlie gets a cut?

That initiated some interesting conversation with the staff on duty. I emphasize that they were extremely professional and did not indulge my feeble attempts to get info out of them about signings. But they were very positive about our new CEO. That may come as a surprise to the minority of anti-Barbers on here . . .

I asked them if they were just employees or followers. Definitely followers. Hat's off to the staff at the club shop.

I left many many quid lighter, thankful I had plumped for Ulloa and hadn't asked for Mackail-Smith's name and number on the back of the shirts . . . and with a warm glow inside, and the word 'Championes' half formed in what passes for my mind. http://www.northstandchat.com/images/smilies/rave.gif

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
That's balls the guys in the club shop and in the office think barber is a bellend.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
There was a signed Charlie book there last week. I'm guessing there may have been another 5 mons after you left the shop. It's just a squiggle a five year old could be signing them

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bet you have just made their working life a whole lot worse now!

Woah! Quite. What I said was what I was told. Even if its a minority view (I didn't conduct a poll) why put salt in the staff's tea, monkfish? They do read this site . . . as does the club.

Anyway that was only a small bit of my warblings. The happy news was about the season ticket sales.

I have now read Cherlie's book. Disappointing - so much recycling (how many times do we need to be told about the origin of his names?). Andy Naylor's piece was clipped from google . . but I felt quite sad at the end. It looks like Zeevil left out of devotion to the leader. I'll respect him for that and wish him all the best. He loved it at BHA, and he is a legend.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
make sure you wear your new shirt if you make the short trip to Gillingham!

Lol! Are you someone I know, or one of the nice people who sold me the shirt? Best keep your head down . . . . not exactly a rivetting thread, anyway.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Lol! Are you someone I know, or one of the nice people who sold me the shirt? Best keep your head down . . . . not exactly a rivetting thread, anyway.

Going to guess he made an educated guess based on your "Location" being Faversham

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I was visiting Sussex Uni today (3 hour drive round accident-strewn M26/25 was no fun). Naturally I diverted myself to the club shop after I'd finished listening to a bit of droning-on from various annoying uni lecturers. After I'd shelled out on three home and two away shirts for myself and various loved ones, I thought I'd ask a cheeky 'how many season tickets have we sold' to the last remaining employee in the ticket section after the Barber cull (there were three there last time I popped in a couple of weeks ago). 'Over 24000' was the reply. 'More than last season'.

Crikey - that is impressive.

As I was about to leave I spotted a pile of 'Charlie, Albion Hero Legend Friend' (punctuation not all that great, but whatever) books. A Fiver. One was signed. I couldn't resist. I was a bit surprised to see them still on sale. So I asked the staff about this. Obviously they are no more privy to the inner workings of the mind of the Lizard than we are. I wonder if Charlie gets a cut?

That initiated some interesting conversation with the staff on duty. I emphasize that they were extremely professional and did not indulge my feeble attempts to get info out of them about signings. But they were very positive about our new CEO. That may come as a surprise to the minority of anti-Barbers on here . . .

I asked them if they were just employees or followers. Definitely followers. Hat's off to the staff at the club shop.

I left many many quid lighter, thankful I had plumped for Ulloa and hadn't asked for Mackail-Smith's name and number on the back of the shirts . . . and with a warm glow inside, and the word 'Championes' half formed in what passes for my mind. http://www.northstandchat.com/images/smilies/rave.gif

Didn't you tell us last week that ST sales were well down, Doc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here