Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter James

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Does he make a delberate mistake in all of his Roy Grace novels,1st book mentions 5 mile long Arlington reservoir with yaught club,in the second novel on page on page 148 dna is taken from the victims flat but none of the coppers notice the blood found in the victims flat mentioned on page 174, which is all over the carpets and walls.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
In all books as Grace drives into John Street police station he goes along old Steine past the Pavilion before doing a left (into what I assume is circus street) past the former market and into the police station car park.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
In his latest, he certainly didn't find out about diving, referring to cylinders as "oxygen tanks" and a mask as "goggles"

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I met a Forest fan whilst on holiday in Greece a couple of weeks ago, who was nads deep into a Peter James. The first thing that he asked upon finding out where we were from (before banging on about how he watched Wardy end their unbeaten run) was whether Brighton was as dangerous as depicted in the books.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
In the acknowledgements for 'Not Dead Yet' he does admit to using some artistic license with regards to the Royal Pavilion

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Does he make a delberate mistake in all of his Roy Grace novels,1st book mentions 5 mile long Arlington reservoir with yaught club,in the second novel on page on page 148 dna is taken from the victims flat but none of the coppers notice the blood found in the victims flat mentioned on page 174, which is all over the carpets and walls.

Mutts Nuts - Does he make deliberate mistakes in his posts ???

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Has anyone on here read Play to the End by Robert Goddard? It's about an actor who comes to act in a play in Brighton and ends up meeting his ex, who asks him to track down a stalker for her (he turns out to be the brother of her current husband/partner - can't remember which). I think he is more or less bang on with his locations, even down to the bus stops in North Street. When Ian Rankin started writing his Rebus novels, he used fictitious names for locations in Edinburgh, until people came up to him and said, "that's so and so". From then on, the police station became St Leonard's, which is an actual police station, rather than Great London Road, which he had invented.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
In his latest, he certainly didn't find out about diving, referring to cylinders as "oxygen tanks" and a mask as "goggles"

Outrageous. I'm stunned anyone could read on after such an appalling mistake.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I seem to recall in one of the books he turned right on to a road when CLEARLY he had actually turned left. An absolute DISGRACE, I felt like writing a strongly worded letter.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Did he put his flippers on too?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Fingerprints from a submerged object under the sea?

Something about houseboats on his new book. I read "Dead Tomorrow" and I wasn't too impressed. I only read it because of the Arco Dee dredger going out of Shoreham. I took a picture of the dredger and googled it. His name came up.

I drink he writes the drivel at high speed without thinking too much.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've just got back from holiday where I started the Roy Grace series and managed 5 of the 7 in 7 days. I love them and have enjoyed them immensely even though I found the 3rd a bit tough going. And I'm not too bothered about the geographical mistakes, it is, after all fiction. A lot of these books will make great films.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here