Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fan's joy turns to ANGER... over a £1.50 booking fee

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think this "clear and transparent" thing doesn't work when the thing you are being "clear and transparent" about is obviously a complete joke.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If they are going for tranparency, the booking fee is just one element of the stuff loaded on to the ticket price. Travel would be the most important one because ticket prices should reduce if they stop subsidising transport. Small surprise this bit isn't identified.

The article is somewhat exaggerated but my in IMHO the club are ripping us off by charging a £1.50 booking fee when buying a ticket in person. How they can justify this charge is a bit mystifying considering the person that sells you the ticket in person is already being employed by the club. Is this £1.50 per ticket fee a true reflection of the costs to run the in person ticket sales at the club? It's not as if this has been contracted out to another company as per the online sales; where a booking fee is understandable as the club is having to employ an outside contractor to provide the ticket sales service.

It seems to me that the club is doing this to try and get people to buy predominantly online and therefore enable them to reduce staff levels in the ticket office.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It seems to me that the club is doing this to try and get people to buy predominantly online and therefore enable them to reduce staff levels in the ticket office.

Naturally they want everyone on-line purchasing as far easier to manage and means you can employ far less people.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The article is somewhat exaggerated but my in IMHO the club are ripping us off by charging a £1.50 booking fee when buying a ticket in person. How they can justify this charge is a bit mystifying considering the person that sells you the ticket in person is already being employed by the club. Is this £1.50 per ticket fee a true reflection of the costs to run the in person ticket sales at the club? It's not as if this has been contracted out to another company as per the online sales; where a booking fee is understandable as the club is having to employ an outside contractor to provide the ticket sales service.

The only thing I can think is that online its £1 and fully automated, in person or on the phone its an extra 50p and an employee of the club does it :shrug:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
This is how angry I am image.jpg
A whole £1:50 outrages

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
i totally agree with the fella. If the ticket says it's £8, and you are buying it at the club in cash, then it should cost you £8.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Naturally they want everyone on-line purchasing as far easier to manage and means you can employ far less people.

I agree BH, but the people who would benefit most from on line booking can't. Being disabled, it would be so much easier to be able to book on line. But we have to go to the ticket office for away games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here