Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyperloop - the answer to Amex transport problems?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Entrepreneur and Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk will publish an “alpha design” for Hyperloop, an entirely new form of public transportation that is faster than the bullet train and potentially self-powering, on August 12.

Details about Hyperloop are slim, but it’s clear that as always Musk has lofty ambitions for the project. He has described it in the past as a “cross between a Concorde, a railgun and an air hockey table,” although that says little as to its form factor or underlying technology.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/...m_medium=Twitter Publisher&utm_source=Twitter

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
This could be bigger than the Seguay.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Or...

[yt]AEZjzsnPhnw[/yt]

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Amex to Brighton, via space, would be a tad annoying I grant you, especially after evening matches.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
the-fly-jeff.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only viable alternative:-

giantwaterslide.jpg

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Is this guy on drugs?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Musk? No, he's built SpaceX, the first private company to make orbit successfully, and Tesla with the money he got from helping to build PayPal. Very smart guy.

he's a smart guy who got one project very, very right so has the cash to persue very, very expensive projects. i havent followed SpaceX, but Tesla is great but has some substantial problems not least hemorrhaging money.

a bit like how this Hyperloop, its sounds great but seems a little far fetched. the claim that you could build it for 1/10th of rail is bonkers. i could accept running costs lower, but to *build*? it would shiely have the same infrastructure cost of a rail but the added cost of trying to maintain an air tight tube.

omgitsjames

Nov 24, 2011
California
he's a smart guy who got one project very, very right so has the cash to persue very, very expensive projects. i havent followed SpaceX, but Tesla is great but has some substantial problems not least hemorrhaging money.

a bit like how this Hyperloop, its sounds great but seems a little far fetched. the claim that you could build it for 1/10th of rail is bonkers. i could accept running costs lower, but to *build*? it would shiely have the same infrastructure cost of a rail but the added cost of trying to maintain an air tight tube.
He's had a lot of skeptics when he started tesla, spacex, and solar city. He makes a lot of bonkers claims but has delivered every single one so far.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
I wasn't aware of any transport problems to & from the Amex!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here