Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great news, Papa John's the official FL pizza partner

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have no idea what that means.

Pies out, pizzas in? Buy a Hawaiian Special, get £2 off a Newport ticket?

Sounds brilliant though. Well done everybody. Pizzas all round.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Brilliant! Papa John's 'All The Meats' is officially THE best pizza in the entire world, AND it has been certified as being far more healthy and better for you than steamed broccoli followed by fresh fruit. Be brilliant if we could get a Papa John's at the Amex, it would almost make up for the lack of a KFC.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Ah I'd gotten confused and thought they were taking over as main sponsor. Is it still npower as the central sponsor of the Football League?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
agreed...there are a few places in brighton that have relatively decent offers, but mainly it is a complete rip off

dominos take the absolute piss

Dominos is permanently 2 for 1 though, if you collect. 2 x 14" cheese and tomato (fussy kids) is only about £11.00. Knock up some salad and stuff ready at home, and job done, for 4 people.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Why is takeaway pizza so expensive?

I only get pizzas when Domino's do cheap deals - once a month at the most. The amount of calories in some pizzas is obscene. They should come with a health warning. The thought of eating a barbecue base meatza special in this hot weather makes me feel quite ill.

Last edited:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Why is takeaway pizza so expensive?

I've started getting the fresh pizzas from Asda. The big ones are only £3.50, provide me with far too much to eat, and you can have four toppings. They don't have quite as much range as the takeaway chains, you won't get meatballs for example, but if you like relatively normal toppings with a few interesting ones (hickory steak is brilliant) then they're the best place to go and so much cheaper than ordering out.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
….their CEO is quite a nasty piece of work though. He lost a lot of business in the States when he complained about how much more it would cost him to provide his employees healthcare under the ‘Obamacare’ legislation.

Papa John's stance costs company its reputation

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I only get pizzas when Domino's do cheap deals - once a month at the most. The amount of calories in some pizzas is obscene. They should come with a health warning. The thought of eating a barbecue base meatza special in this hot weather makes me feel quite ill.
That's a wicked lie put round by the anti-pizza lobby; as mentioned earlier it's already been proven that pizza is the ultimate health food. If it was invented today all the foodies would rave about it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I've started getting the fresh pizzas from Asda. The big ones are only £3.50, provide me with far too much to eat, and you can have four toppings. They don't have quite as much range as the takeaway chains, you won't get meatballs for example, but if you like relatively normal toppings with a few interesting ones (hickory steak is brilliant) then they're the best place to go and so much cheaper than ordering out.

All over that already, perfect for a saturday night in.

I dont understand how they justify the cost at all, if im going to spend £15-20 on a takeaway, I'm going to go for a chinese or a curry, not a bloody pizza.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I've started getting the fresh pizzas from Asda. The big ones are only £3.50
Isnt Papa John's about £15 a pizza to. The mark up on take away pizza's must be quite something.

Prepared food is usually priced on a cost of product x 3 basis. This ASDA price sounds remotely justifiable.
But £15 is insane. That's $23, give or take. Granted, higher delivery costs, 19% VAT, etc, etc, but still.

….their CEO is quite a nasty piece of work though. He lost a lot of business in the States when he complained about how much more it would cost him to provide his employees healthcare under the ‘Obamacare’ legislation.

I think it's interesting that Papa John's somehow manages to turn a profit in the land of the NHS, but a much more expensive and much less comprehensive health care delivery system based on private insurers and fee-for-service is going to put them out of business in the US...

D

Deleted member 18477

Dominos large pizza £7.99. Lovely stuff! (Any size pizza for £7.99).

I have to collect it mind but its only down the road.

Other pizzas are ok but not as good as Dominos or Papa Johns. (the create your own Asda ones are ok, the Goodfellas meat feast deep pan frozen one is ok, Dr Oetkar frozen ones are pretty good, Pizza express aren't bad).

Seeing as I eat pretty healthy and have a pizza probably once every 2-3 weeks I couldn't give a shit about the calories!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really do not under stand why anyone has pizza delivered. Next time you're at the supermarket just buy a load and stick them in the freezer for future use. They're hardly difficult, time consuming or messy to cook.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Not a fan of Papa Johns, Dominos or Pizza Hut. If I get a pizza its gotta be La Cucina, Gallieo or the extra thin almost crisp like pizza that Pizza Express do.

I was pleasantly surprised by Pizza Express, first tried it after the failed away day to Blackburn last season, after getting all the way to Birmingham before finding out (on talksport) that it was postponed, we ended up in some backwards town looking for food and decided on Pizza Express

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here