Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The world's gone mad ....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
.... really, a possible 20 years for overcharging ??

Were the Americans too stupid to look at the invoice and then send it back saying it wasn't the price agreed ??

Fromm the BBC :

"A former soldier who said he would rather kill himself than face fraud allegations in the US has been told by the government he will be extradited.
Home Secretary Theresa May made the decision despite David McIntyre's claims he has post traumatic stress disorder, his solicitor said.
Mr McIntyre, 41, from Hyde, Greater Manchester is accused of overcharging for security services in Baghdad, Iraq.
He said he could face 20 years in jail if convicted in the US.
The eight counts of fraud relate to claims he overcharged a US peace group for a security contract when he was running his own firm, Quantum Risk, between December 2008 and July 2009.
His lawyer, Karen Todner, said: "The Secretary of State has responded and has refused to reconsider her decision and has ordered Mr McIntrye's extradition to the United States of America."

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
.... really, a possible 20 years for overcharging ??

Were the Americans too stupid to look at the invoice and then send it back saying it wasn't the price agreed ??

Fromm the BBC :

"A former soldier who said he would rather kill himself than face fraud allegations in the US has been told by the government he will be extradited.
Home Secretary Theresa May made the decision despite David McIntyre's claims he has post traumatic stress disorder, his solicitor said.
Mr McIntyre, 41, from Hyde, Greater Manchester is accused of overcharging for security services in Baghdad, Iraq.
He said he could face 20 years in jail if convicted in the US.
The eight counts of fraud relate to claims he overcharged a US peace group for a security contract when he was running his own firm, Quantum Risk, between December 2008 and July 2009.
His lawyer, Karen Todner, said: "The Secretary of State has responded and has refused to reconsider her decision and has ordered Mr McIntrye's extradition to the United States of America."

It would be nice if someone was brave enough to tell them to go and do one instead of allowing them to bully the world. Grrrrr

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Theresa May has the facts, we don't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would be nice if someone was brave enough to tell them to go and do one instead of allowing them to bully the world. Grrrrr

But what if he has defrauded the US?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
yep let's play the patriotism card for a fraudster shall we ?

He will get my support the minute he is convicted on dodgy grounds.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

100% this.

I am sure the media would love us all to believe that it is a harsh way in which he is being treated but he could genuinely and more importantly knowingly defrauded the Americans, as such he should face the consequences.

Without all the facts it's quite hard to judge, but obviously the newspaper and other media outlets don't worry too much about this

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
100% this.

I am sure the media would love us all to believe that it is a harsh way in which he is being treated but he could genuinely and more importantly knowingly defrauded the Americans, as such he should face the consequences.

Without all the facts it's quite hard to judge, but obviously the newspaper and other media outlets don't worry too much about this

My point was more around the possible sentence. I fail to believe a bit of overcharging ( and how over charged do you have to be before spotting it ) is worth up to 20 YEARS !!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My point was more around the possible sentence. I fail to believe a bit of overcharging ( and how over charged do you have to be before spotting it ) is worth up to 20 YEARS !!!

"Possible" sentences are always high though, even here. Doesn't mean that's what they'd get.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Bless UK PLC never slow in turning its own citizens over to the yanks when told to.

How many Americans have come the other way in the treaty??? Oh yeah none..

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sounds incredible but maybe we should see what sentence he actually gets before we begin the righteous indignation.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Bless UK PLC never slow in turning its own citizens over to the yanks when told to.

How many Americans have come the other way in the treaty??? Oh yeah none..

Not so!

There have been a number of US citizens extradited to the UK over the last five years and an even larger number of other nationalities extradited to the UK from the US.

Where the real imbalance lies is in the number of UK citizens who have been extradited to the US for trial regarding actions they carried out in the UK whilst there have not been any extraditions, or indeed requests for extradition, of US citizens for trial in the UK for crimes committed in the US.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

She also has terrible taste in shoes, how she ever got to be Home secretary is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here