Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cesc Fabregas

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think Moyes would have been better off paying £23m for Fellaini.

Good move for Fabregas, been a bit-part player in Barca, because of the quality of their midfield. Can understand why he would want to come back to England. Good business all-round I think.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Good move for Fabregas, been a bit-part player in Barca, because of the quality of their midfield. Can understand why he would want to come back to England. Good business all-round I think.

fabregas is way way better than fellaini

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Utd need 2 world class central midfielders. Fabregas would be ideal but I think they'd have to pay £30M or 35M Euros that sort of figure. Fellaini for about £23M would be decent business for both them and Everton. I'd say he's not quite in the same class but not far off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't see it. Cesc MUST'VE known when he moved to Barca he was going to have to play a bit of a waiting game with Xavi and Iniesta's advancing years. He'll slowly establish himself more and more as those 2 get older.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Matt law was just tweeting about this.

Arsenal have a buy back clause, where if cesc asks to go to arsenal, barca have to accept 25m. Anyone else can make bids but they'd have to meet barcelona's valuation, which is likely to be more than the 26m utd have offered.

Cesc wants to give Barcelona one more year, but if they accept a bid, would he say "if you want rid of me screw you, I want to go to arsenal" thus depriving the of a bigger profit.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Would be a sensational signing for United, and only add extra spice to their games against the Gooners next season, as if they needed any.

Bit-part? He's played 96 games in two seasons!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It looks like United are realising that they can no longer rely on substandard players to compete and succeed at a world-class level, as they have lost the one man who made that possible for so long. The only alternative is to invest heavily in proven players, because if they don't then Moyes will sink quickly with the likes of Anderson, Kagawa, Nani and Giggs in his midfield. Prepare to see the brilliance of Sir Alex illustrated more in the next three months than it has been even in the last 26 years.

Think you might be right on the money there.

SeagullJR

May 9, 2012
Arsenal fans would be beside themselves. If he comes back surely it has to be Arsenal, maybe this bid from Utd will push Arsenal into making an approach. Pretty sure Arsenal have a buy back clause of 25mill.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I agree with points made by TCB, United have been vastly over performing these last few years under AF with a rather shitty looking squad when you compare it to the likes of Chelsea and City. Even Tottenham with Sandro, Dembele Paulinho and Bale have a more exciting first 11 then United.

I think they could suffer this year, Chelsea will win the league at a canter and United will finish somewhere between fifth and third. I can't wait for the Moyes out protests to begin. It's going to be glorious.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Arsenal fans would be beside themselves. If he comes back surely it has to be Arsenal, maybe this bid from Utd will push Arsenal into making an approach. Pretty sure Arsenal have a buy back clause of 25mill.

Only if cesc tells Barcelona he wants to go back to arsenal.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It looks like United are realising that they can no longer rely on substandard players to compete and succeed at a world-class level, as they have lost the one man who made that possible for so long. The only alternative is to invest heavily in proven players, because if they don't then Moyes will sink quickly with the likes of Anderson, Kagawa, Nani and Giggs in his midfield. Prepare to see the brilliance of Sir Alex illustrated more in the next three months than it has been even in the last 26 years.

I'd agree with your general sentiment but Kagawa, substandard? I don't think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here