Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rents

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Just used the rent calculator on The BBC website and it looks like Greater London and Brighton and Hove are the most expensive in the UK. Getting ridiculous

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Damn. I was really hoping this thread was going to be the return of Sam Rents as our other left back.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Pay freeze every year, rent and bills go up every year. Sick of everyone asknig for more money when there wasn't enough money in the first place :zzzz:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Agents/Landlords exploiting people because its almost impossible to become a first time buyer. What a lovely world we live in.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I can't get it to work.

What are the figures which show London and Brighton as most expensive?

No figures.

I just put in £750 per month rent, one bedroom.

Brighton London and one area just north of London (Cambridge?) are still in white colour ie affordable

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Brighton is relatively very difficult to buy or rent in - salaries aren't high, but the cost of living certainly is, must be tough for a lot of people....

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Pay freeze every year, rent and bills go up every year. Sick of everyone asknig for more money when there wasn't enough money in the first place :zzzz:

Not necessarily. I have a flat in central Brighton that is let out - the rent I charge now is lower than it was about 5 years ago, and no immediate plans to raise it. I still think it's quite a lot of money for a tiny flat, but it's the going rate, more-or-less, and no problems finding tenants.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thanks to IDS, all the poor will be moving out and heading north because they can't afford to live here so there should be plenty of accommodation available soon which should bring rents down!!!!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I can't get it to work.

What are the figures which show London and Brighton as most expensive?

You just push the slider to the right and gradually the more expensive, less areas are left unshaded. If that makes sense.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I live in a house that is divided into twelve flats, six of the flats are rented by people that have moved down from London and now commute. Obviously well paid, not sure if you get London weighting for that.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not necessarily. I have a flat in central Brighton that is let out - the rent I charge now is lower than it was about 5 years ago, and no immediate plans to raise it. I still think it's quite a lot of money for a tiny flat, but it's the going rate, more-or-less, and no problems finding tenants.

Well next time it comes up! We (me and 2 friends) rent a flat in central brighton and the landlord has put it up every year without fail. Oh and we never see him and he never carries out any maintenance (not that there's anything particularly required as we look after the place). To be fair, I think it is a fair price for its location- its just a general annoyance being on a pay freeze for the last two years and seemingly everything else just gets more and more expensive. You think your doing well in terms of money and then someone asks for more. Ho hum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here