Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/t Fuel Prices on I'm Alan Partridge

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Watching an episode from 2002 Alan visited the BP garage they cut to an external shot, unleaded was 74.9p and diesel 76.9, I'd imagine those were the actual prices at the time of filming which again highlights how much they are striping the motorist up in this country, I've just paid 139.9 for diesel that's one hell of a percentage price hike over 11 years.

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Nice array of pasties.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
"One thing was abundantly clear to me: I was witnessing the start of a whole new era in petrol station excellence. And so it turned out to be"

(The next quantum leap forward came in 2003 when - breaking the mould once again - the guys at Beyond Petroleum launched their fabulous Wild Bean cafes. Quite simply, shit hot.)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Ian, you seem to be turning into right-wing rent-a-myth. To cover the possibility that you really mean the stuff you post and are at risk of jumping ship to the USA to join the Tea Party wing of the Republican Party, let me share something: http://www.ippr.org/articles/56/9561/the-war-on-motorists-is-a-myth. The trouble is, like a lot of populist views, this 'war on the motorist' gubbins isn't backed up by data. It works by extrapolating one fact, without any context or comparison.

Oh, and you might find this interesting, too: it shows the extent to which we overestimate the sort of stuff that gets you hot under the collar: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-public-wrong-about-nearly-everything-survey-shows-8697821.html.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
But is the plural Lexus or Lexi?
"Lexuses" -- it's only pseudo-Latin. Now Toyota, that's another story. "Prius" is a real Latin word, with a real Latin plural (priora, 3rd. decl. neuter pl.), but after a contest -- actually two, one US, one UK -- they went with "Prii", which is flat-out wrong.

Lada had a Priora at one point -- maybe that was the problem -- but Priuses are older than the Lada model.

Oh, and if I see 'peni' or 'penii' one more time as the plural of 'penis' I shall scream. It's 'penises' if naturalised English, and 'penes', if not.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
You are referring to the Never Say Alan Again episode. 'Stop getting Bond wrong'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here