Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa interview from Argentina - Very happy here.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
http://www.rionegro.com.ar/diario/leo-quiere-premier-1207905-9522-nota.aspx

Leo wants Premier
15/07/2013 00:39
Ulloa and Brighton look this season promotion to the English elite. The roquense has four years left on his contract.

Before leaving for England, Leonardo Ulloa left Spain a history of weight: was the scorer of the second division with 28 goals. That mark is still visible on the peninsula and as the goals listed anywhere, many speculate that the roquense return to the land of the world champions before the expiration of his four years in Brighton. But Leo has other plans.

"The truth is that I have really wanted to move up and play in the Premier League, that's my goal today. Goal is to keep growing in football. Almería When I left, I had offers from some teams in the League Primera Spain, but I wanted to try my luck on a different football. were given the choice to get Brighton and was very happy with how this turned around in mid-season I've been here, "says Ulloa from this English city, located south of London and whose shores are washed by the Channel Tunnel.

"It's a beautiful city, multicultural. There are people all over the world here and is very touristy. Moreover many Londoners have their weekend home here in Brighton.'s Cute to live," says Leo, who this year could not come on holiday to Rock as his wife gave birth a month and twenty days Morena, her second daughter. The first is Sofia, six years.

- What project has Brighton?

- Solid project was planned to try to ascend. We almost made ​​it this year, but in the playoffs for the third promotion to Premier did not play well (lost in semis to the Crystal Palace, which rose). At first my idea is to stay here and get to the Premier, that is my wish, also the club and the fans in general.

- How are the people there?

- Passionate, much more than in Spain. They have a habit of arriving well before schedule the game and then even staying two or three hours. They spend all day at the club.

-Your performance was nothing less than a goal against Arsenal, a visitor, for the FA Cup

- Yes, I ended up very happy. The average balance of this season, which for me was to adapt, was very positive. I started playing fast and scored 10 goals in a very good team.

- Follow Gustavo Poyet as coach?

- No, and replaced Oscar Garcia, a Spanish DT coming of Engineering in Tel Aviv. I met him when I was in Spain, but we know from references.

- What is the difference you find between the Spanish and English football?

- In the physical and the intensity of the game. In Spain it is more tactical and less friction, and here is allowing more physical play. That intensity is given throughout the match.

- When long the championship?

- On August 3, two weeks before the rest. We are in the preseason, with a double. We began the 24th (of June) and we played a friendly (to the Whitehawk 4-0) this weekend. I played 30 'just, in my opinion too. By the time of the preparation does not see much sense in these friendlies. I prefer to train hard and get well into the tournament.

- When does the 'tender'?

- On Sunday (yesterday) we go to Spain to play on Wednesday (17) with Getafe and Saturday (20) with Sporting Gijon. Then we come back and waited for Villarreal, who comes to play 27 to all our people.

In March this year Ulloa, the top scorer in Spain's second division last season, was part of a party organized by the newspaper "Marca", where he shared time with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Radamel Falcao and Victor Valdes.

- How did you feel at that gala with many famous names?

- It was really nice to be with people so important in football. Thanks to those 28 goals I scored last year in Almeria, I was that happy memories of having shared the gala with them, to which many faced on a court. But this was different, I really enjoyed that time.

Ulloa is always concerned about how it will Deportivo Roca, the club of his origins.

- Is came close again?

- Yes, unfortunately failed. This year I could not see any party, but still salvageable think it is that every time you try to reach more people for less.

While in the Valley winter sun still shines, the night and has taken over Brighton (there are five hours apart). After a double shift, physicist asks Ulloa rest. "I want to grow, it has always been my goal. Therefore come here, I want to feel what it is to play in the Premier League." It is the dream of Leo Ulloa, who still has not cried your best goal.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I am so bloody excited to see him playing at full match fitness from the off rather than coming in unfit halfway through the year

The Cyclone is coming

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Loved his THUMPING diving header against Arsenal and then his bully boy towering header to open the scoring in that Palace MASSACRE.

He looked knackered at the end of the season though. Hopefully we'll get the best out of him by rotating our strikers. I do hope Barnes, Hoskins and CMS can all stay fit for most of the season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Got to be good for 15 - 25 goals this season.

Went missing at times due to adapting to our games and refs seemingly picking on him.

Has shown give him supply will score so we go into this season in all the better shape with him up top.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Don't you just love the translations of these interviews.

Loved the bit where he said the fans arrive early and then stay after the game. They stay all day. Brilliant!

I reckon he's going to have a beast of a season.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
says Ulloa from this English city, located south of London and whose shores are washed by the Channel Tunnel. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here