Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GB seems to be handing out ANOTHER summer sports shellacking...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
...and we all know what's coming next year

:vuvu:

:vuvu:

Dare we dream :jester:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What is this thread about?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, there is next to zero chance of England winning the WC, if we qualify.
Come on people...
rugby, cricket, golf, cycling, triathlon, jogging, the obvious one I always forget:-

WE ARE WORLD BEATERS.

Our soccerballists play in the Worlds Greatest League, they are so good they get paid 100's of 1,000's of pounds a WEEK, we invented the game.
Surely this time, more than any other time, this time, with the country being well lush at everything else, this time next year it will be footballs turn.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
About British over-reaction and the bi-polar nature of sports fans. One narrow win in a cricket match we were expected to win and that's been extrapolated into a potential England victory in next year's football World Cup. I know the jester smiley means the comment was said a bit tongue-in-cheek, but that's what the tabloids say when they over-hype England: 'just a bit of fun'.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
theres more chance of Shergar winning next years Grand National than England winning the WC

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
theres more chance of Shergar winning next years Grand National than England winning the WC

Call me a bluff old pedant, that's not really true is it - Given that Shergar is probably dead, the adage "You have to be in it to win it" must surely apply. And given the oldest racehorse winner was 19, and Shergar would be 35, casts further doubt on your statement.

Therefore, I deduce that England will beat Turkmenistan 3-0 in the final. Hat trick from Dennis Law.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
About British over-reaction and the bi-polar nature of sports fans. One narrow win in a cricket match we were expected to win and that's been extrapolated into a potential England victory in next year's football World Cup. I know the jester smiley means the comment was said a bit tongue-in-cheek, but that's what the tabloids say when they over-hype England: 'just a bit of fun'.

Being a bit of a dullard there Brov, this is not the time to come along with a cold shower and dampen spirits. WE ARE world beaters at so many sports this year and last so well done to Statto for reminding us on this exceptional monday morning.
I almost retired from sport watching after the Ryder Cup completed an incredible 2012 simply because i thought we had virtually achieved everything and there would never be another year like it. However, i think 2013 HAS BEEN BETTER. And as a bonus i'm more excited about BHA than last year.
Anyway, forget about England football and just enjoy the fact that if we cant play the sport at least we can provide the environment for the best to play here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I bet you wish you hadn't asked now, Doug.

Enjoy the rest of Monday, if you can!!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Call me a bluff old pedant, that's not really true is it - Given that Shergar is probably dead, the adage "You have to be in it to win it" must surely apply. And given the oldest racehorse winner was 19, and Shergar would be 35, casts further doubt on your statement.

Therefore, I deduce that England will beat Turkmenistan 3-0 in the final. Hat trick from Dennis Law.

Also, Shergar ran on the flat.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Looking forward to the Albion SPINE of Greer/Bridcutt/CMS doing their bit for Team GB in Brazil next year.

D

Deleted member 18477

ZAHA will fire England to World Cup Glory!!!!! :lolol:

in all seriousness... enjoy the good times while they last... it could be years of pain again pretty soon.... who knows!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Our footballers ought to be utterly ashamed that they are being shown up by other British sportsmen and women who earn a fraction of what they do.

I bet they aren't though.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Being a bit of a dullard there Brov, this is not the time to come along with a cold shower and dampen spirits. WE ARE world beaters at so many sports this year and last so well done to Statto for reminding us on this exceptional monday morning.
I almost retired from sport watching after the Ryder Cup completed an incredible 2012 simply because i thought we had virtually achieved everything and there would never be another year like it. However, i think 2013 HAS BEEN BETTER. And as a bonus i'm more excited about BHA than last year.
Anyway, forget about England football and just enjoy the fact that if we cant play the sport at least we can provide the environment for the best to play here.
Oh by all means celebrate the success, and when you think how shit we've been at so many sports over the years this is indeed a golden era. I just don't like over-hyping, although I appreciate the OP wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012

I did that same bet, only with Alan Ball as the first goal scorer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here