Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Powell and Gay both fail drugs tests

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Again more drugs scandles this time 2 very well known spri ters have failed.Very dissapointing really. Always the same old excuse i did not realise or it is someone elses fault.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Every time someone fails a test it means the system works. More tests generally leads to catching more cheats. This is a good thing.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Its always someone else's fault..." I put my trust in this individual and they have let me down " etc
FFS....YOU ARE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES. TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY IN LIFE.
You either knew you were taking something dodgy or you didn't check what you were taking. Either way....wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.
This has been going on for years and for years athletes have been given second chances. They are not interested in learning. They believe it is a risk worth taking. Answer..........
LIFETIME BANS.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Jamaicans themselves have had a awful drug testing body for years. It's only the International side of things that have kept them in check. Plenty of rumours floating around about some of their athletes although never heard anything about Bolt and Blake

Such a shame about Gay, I thought he was straight. . . . . . . . . . . .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I just assume all sportsmen are on some form of drugs. How do they get faster every year?

With reference to sprinters, Jessie Owens ran 10.2 in the mens 100m in 1936. If I remember rightly, the ten second barrier wasn 't broken until 1968. It is only Bolt who has knocked huge great lumps off the record. Likewise Michael Johnson in the 200/400.
Flo-Jo smashed the womens 100/200 records to smithereens ( her records still stand today ) but sadly her performances were artificially enhanced. Likewise many East German and Chinese women, who shared the same coaches!
In history, two men have smashed world records by larger margins, like no other. Bob Beamon in the long jump and Usain Bolt.
I know nothing about Beamon's background and I hope and pray that Bolt is clean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here