[Official Site] Chicksen Swayed by Style

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
01-adam-chicksen-ld229-913553_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
22:18 14th July 2013
by Paul Camillin
Adam Chicksen admits that Albion’s footballing ethos is the reason why he signed for the club.The 21-year-old left-back put pen to paper on a three-year deal from MK Dons today and reveals it was an easy decision to make, despite interest from a number of Championship clubs.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “There were others interested but as soon as I heard Brighton wanted to sign me, I didn’t have to think twice. I have been brought up at MK Dons, where the emphasis is always on playing good, attractive football, and I know the style of play is exactly the same here.
“When I spoke to my manager Karl Robinson – who I had a great relationship with - he said that this would be a great move for me and that I was going to a club that would progress my career. I’ve seen Brighton play on TV a number of times and they’ve always excited me with their passing style.
“The squad proved just how good they are by finishing fourth last season and I just can’t wait to get going and join up with them in Spain this week.”
Chicksen is Milton Keynes born and bred and he can see similarities between the clubs off the field as well as on it.
“At MK Dons the club and the fanbase really grew once we got the new stadium and since Brighton moved to the Amex, a similar thing has happened here but on a much bigger scale.
“This club is now one of the biggest outside the Premier League and that’s another reason why I signed - to play in front of such a passionate crowd is a really exciting prospect.
“I’m always up for a challenge and I’m really looking forward to working hard on the training ground and forcing my way into the first-team this season.”
The defender is also aware of the Spanish influence at the club and admits that his phrasebook could well be packed for the pre-season trip to Madrid this week.
“Believe it or not, I have always wanted to learn Spanish! It’s something that’s been there at the back of my mind and now I have the perfect opportunity to learn. I’m sure I’ll pick up a few words as the season goes on.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here