Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film 'Stars'

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nicholas Cage.

One might think he would float forever more as he is seemingly made out of wood, but I am not convinced.

Are there any others out there who could count themselves lucky to still pick up the odd gig in Hollywood?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Keanu Reeves?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Steven Seagull must get about £8 a movie now, shooting eleventeen a year, for product that surely only Channel 5 buy in a boxset for a tenner or so.
And Sylvester Stallone looks incurably weird, like a pumpkin youve finally decided to get rid of mid-november, a candle dimly burning out its insides and purloining its epidermis of a last single droplet of water.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Nicholas Cage.

One might think he would float forever more as he is seemingly made out of wood, but I am not convinced.

Are there any others out there who could count themselves lucky to still pick up the odd gig in Hollywood?

I take it you're watching that crap film of his on Five. He does make some crap amongst the very rare decent movie.

I, meanwhile, am watching Universal Soldier: Regeneration on ITV4. Dolph Lundgrean and Jean Claude Van Damme - now THEY are movie stars. :guns::lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Adam Stiller and Ben Sandler are both awful, along with Jack Black they make a triumvirate of overrated dross.None have made a film I would pay to see or even watch for free from my sofa.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not convinced the guy who played Harry Potter in all the movies is up to much either- yes, he was young, but the kids who played Ron Weasley & Hermione Grainger were leagues above him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Oooh- Pierce Brosnan. The man of a thousand acting roles- every one the same.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not convinced the guy who played Harry Potter in all the movies is up to much either- yes, he was young, but the kids who played Ron Weasley & Hermione Grainger were leagues above him.

Grint and Watson don't seem to be getting much work these days compared to Daniel. He is getting pretty good reviews for his stage work. Besides, if he never works in movies or theatre again, he has made his mint.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Jennifer Aniston - TV actress who makes shit film after shit film doing exactly the same thing she did on Friends in each.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Grint and Watson don't seem to be getting much work these days compared to Daniel. He is getting pretty good reviews for his stage work. Besides, if he never works in movies or theatre again, he has made his mint.

Oh absolutely, and I freely admit I've not seen him in anything else. I just find him a tad wooden in the Potter movies. He might be outstanding on stage or in other movies. Watson took some time out to go to university hence has been a little less prominent, but I don't know what Grint is up to.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I like Keanu Reeves. He's made loads of really good films... Both Bill & Teds, Matrix, Idaho, Point Break, Speed. All brilliant.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I take it you're watching that crap film of his on Five. He does make some crap amongst the very rare decent movie.

I, meanwhile, am watching Universal Soldier: Regeneration on ITV4. Dolph Lundgrean and Jean Claude Van Damme - now THEY are movie stars. :guns::lolol:

I gave it a go.

I've switched over to Murder She Wrote. Wood at its very finest without dressing itself up to be anything else.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bruce Willis. Can't believe they haven't found a kennel for him yet

Definitely got lucky with a couple of good films.

Steven Seagull must get about £8 a movie now, shooting eleventeen a year, for product that surely only Channel 5 buy in a boxset for a tenner or so.
And Sylvester Stallone looks incurably weird, like a pumpkin youve finally decided to get rid of mid-november, a candle dimly burning out its insides and purloining its epidermis of a last single droplet of water.

Yes.

Adam Stiller and Ben Sandler are both awful, along with Jack Black they make a triumvirate of overrated dross.None have made a film I would pay to see or even watch for free from my sofa.

Good calls. Although I think Jack Black is decent.

That chap who appears in American sit coms - I can't even remember his name. It was running along side Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond. A show about him and his wife and extended family. Utter balls.

Oooh- Pierce Brosnan. The man of a thousand acting roles- every one the same.

By far the worst ever Bond

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh absolutely, and I freely admit I've not seen him in anything else. I just find him a tad wooden in the Potter movies. He might be outstanding on stage or in other movies. Watson took some time out to go to university hence has been a little less prominent, but I don't know what Grint is up to.

I think Radcliffes, "woodeness" is pretty accurate for the role he played. Remember, Harry Potter was expected in the books to be destined for greatness but in reality the character was unsure and uncertain as to what to do when confronted by his challenges. It was all seat of the pants stuff and he never really zapped the bad guys.
I remember a piece about Jackie Chan, he said he played characters who only just beat the bad guy rather than being a Kung Foo genius. he said that people would watch his films for the comedy value and for the fact that he only ever beat the bad guy by using his wits rather than brawn.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Mamma Mia, just one question, why ?

Very pleased to say I've never seen it. It doesn't appeal as a general proposition anyway, but the prospect of listening to Brosnan singing is the primary reason why, despite being lent a copy on DVD, and had it sitting in the lounge for about four years, I never once got round to watching it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very pleased to say I've never seen it. It doesn't appeal as a general proposition anyway, but the prospect of listening to Brosnan singing is the primary reason why, despite being lent a copy on DVD, and had it sitting in the lounge for about four years, I never once got round to watching it.

A wise choice, I was dragged, screaming to an outdoor showing at the open air cinema on Brighton beach while the Olympics was on by Mrs V and her girlie friends, even copious wine could not help me pass the time. Top tip, use the DVD as a coaster.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
A wise choice, I was dragged, screaming to an outdoor showing at the open air cinema on Brighton beach while the Olympics was on by Mrs V and her girlie friends, even copious wine could not help me pass the time. Top tip, use the DVD as a coaster.

Oh I gave it back in the end and tried to avoid the question "So, what did you think of it?".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here