Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thiago Alcantara...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
...has signed for Bayern Munich for £21.6 million.

I thought, given a combination of Oscar's Barca links and his agent being Pep Guardiola's brother that we'd be a dead cert for this one.

Garcia OUT.

(On a serious note, that is about as much of a bargain as it is possible for a £21 million player to be).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Thats a disgusting transfer.

Bayern have Kroos, Muller, Gotze, Thiago, Ribery, Robben, Shaquiri as attacking midfielders.

They may end up playing no strikers at some points.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
They did play some blinding footy in the CL last season. The speed the ball moved forwards was breathtaking to watch. I reckon OG will be a get it forward type of coach :thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hopefully Guardiola will look to replace the route one football of a team of hugely skilled goliaths with a bit more on the ground play. They won't be Barca, but they can be a physicalised Barca which might give them the edge over the dwarfish Catalan genii.

D

Deleted member 18477

Hes a great talent! Stuart downing and jordan henderson were about 16 million each for liverpool so 21 mill for thiago is great business!!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Mildly disconcerting that somebody can pay £21.6 million for a player you never even heard of.
I'm going to assume you haven't heard of Asier Illarramendi either, who on Friday signed for Real Madrid for £34m. Javier Pastore? Lucas Moura? James Rodriguez? All sold for much larger fees than Thiago.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm going to assume you haven't heard of Asier Illarramendi either, who on Friday signed for Real Madrid for £34m. Javier Pastore? Lucas Moura? James Rodriguez? All sold for much larger fees than Thiago.

James Rodriguez is incredible. Monaco are taking the piss with the talent they are signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here