Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carp Fishing

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Anyone a member of Isfield angling club? Thinking of joining but would like some feedback about their waters. Also any info on decent lakes around sussex would be much appreciated. Cheers :)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Isfield has some superb waters and they cater for all not just carp , my favourite of all is a relative small pond up at aldbourne near bolney , has a very good head of carp but some very nice perch and roach , if you join experiment with all the venues i got a bit fixated with 1 and neglected the other lakes .

found a place called wylands last year near catsfield that is superb with 7 well stocked lakes including some catfish and on site accomodation.

Off to a complex near wadhurst tomorrow for 3 nights , spring wood has reputed monster carp and catfish , if i catch ile let you know how we got on .

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Isfield has some superb waters and they cater for all not just carp , my favourite of all is a relative small pond up at aldbourne near bolney , has a very good head of carp but some very nice perch and roach , if you join experiment with all the venues i got a bit fixated with 1 and neglected the other lakes .

found a place called wylands last year near catsfield that is superb with 7 well stocked lakes including some catfish and on site accomodation.

Off to a complex near wadhurst tomorrow for 3 nights , spring wood has reputed monster carp and catfish , if i catch ile let you know how we got on .

Thanks for that! My old man has just told me he's a member so I'm going to go as a guest next week to one of the lakes. Good luck with the 3 day fish! Report back :)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Isfield is an excellent club with some very nice waters but if its specimen carp on a regular basis you want then I'd say go elsewhere for your quarry.
Depends on where you live but joining a syndicate carp water may be a better way to go for bigger carp.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
That's pretty decent. Do you know how big the carp go to in their waters?

The Mill Pond at Horsted Keynes has produced 28lb mirrors and commons this season, with quite a few other twenties, ( I wouldn't be surprised if it has a thirty this year or next).Firtoll in Mayfield has a couple of thirties I believe ( not too sure of that, I've not fished it for a while). Harrock House in buxted has got a good head of twenties. A few other waters have twenties in, if you don't mind catching smaller fish in between.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The Mill Pond at Horsted Keynes has produced 28lb mirrors and commons this season, with quite a few other twenties, ( I wouldn't be surprised if it has a thirty this year or next).Firtoll in Mayfield has a couple of thirties I believe ( not too sure of that, I've not fished it for a while). Harrock House in buxted has got a good head of twenties. A few other waters have twenties in, if you don't mind catching smaller fish in between.

To be honest mate I'm happy to catch any kind/Size of fish but I do like to have the possibility of catching a 20 or a 30lb.

I may well have to give this guy a call. They have a no publicity rule for the internet I think as I cant find much info at all other than what you have given (which is very helpful, thanks)

One last question, WHat's the rules on night fishing? Is it allowed?

Cheers

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I joined Lewes AC this year and have been to 4 of their lakes so far. All pretty small but nice and quiet. They have a couple of other waters that I have yet to try.

I used to be a member of Seaford AC and one of their waters produced a 40lb+ grass carp a few years ago, but apparently that water has since been fished pretty heavily.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
I joined Lewes AC this year and have been to 4 of their lakes so far. All pretty small but nice and quiet. They have a couple of other waters that I have yet to try.

I used to be a member of Seaford AC and one of their waters produced a 40lb+ grass carp a few years ago, but apparently that water has since been fished pretty heavily.

Seaford AC?? I suppose there's good & bad points but low or no publicity of clubs. ON the downside you hardly ever get to know some of them even exist. On the plus side when you find them they are generally quite quiet waters which is always good.

What's Seaford AC like then?

The Bun Elephant

Feb 16, 2010
Sussex By The Sea

Only 1 (fish i mean) .... LOL
I bet the fish in there had head aches from all the boilies being put in ....

Still have a picture of a certain member on here holding a lovelly 25lb + Carp from Fir Toll Lake one extremely cold winter morning a few years ago.

Last edited:

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Anyone a member of Isfield angling club? Thinking of joining but would like some feedback about their waters. Also any info on decent lakes around sussex would be much appreciated. Cheers :)

I was in Hassocks and District AS a few years back and pretty sure that you can fish their waters in a reciprocal agreement. If it's still the same, try Wildings Lake in Chailey and a hidden gem is the Adur at Wineham or the Ouse at Hamsey. The last two are obviously rivers but both contain carp to 20 lbs plus.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
To be honest mate I'm happy to catch any kind/Size of fish but I do like to have the possibility of catching a 20 or a 30lb.

I may well have to give this guy a call. They have a no publicity rule for the internet I think as I cant find much info at all other than what you have given (which is very helpful, thanks)

One last question, WHat's the rules on night fishing? Is it allowed?

Cheers

Most of the lakes with decent size carp in, you can night fish.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
27lb 4oz common.jpg

My PB.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I was in Hassocks and District AS a few years back and pretty sure that you can fish their waters in a reciprocal agreement. If it's still the same, try Wildings Lake in Chailey and a hidden gem is the Adur at Wineham or the Ouse at Hamsey. The last two are obviously rivers but both contain carp to 20 lbs plus.

Im a member of hassocks at the moment and yes they do share waters with Seaford and a few others. Wildings is still fishing well but im getting into the ouse at hamsey...they think carp might go to 35lb there but its just so bloody tidal

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Im a member of hassocks at the moment and yes they do share waters with Seaford and a few others. Wildings is still fishing well but im getting into the ouse at hamsey...they think carp might go to 35lb there but its just so bloody tidal

Bloody tidal indeed. Try the in stream just above the weir

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Bloody tidal indeed. Try the in stream just above the weir

You can't fish that side mate...that's Ouse Angling. I suppose you could try a 2oz lead cast over there but the water still thunders up through the stream too. Ive been told the best way to fish that area is to fish the tide on its way out or on tides lower that 5.5m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here