Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Gay

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Failed a doping test and has pulled out of the World Championships next month.

Seems a lot of cheating still goes on these days in athletics.

D

Deleted member 18477

"I don't have a sabotage story... I basically put my trust in someone and was let down," said Gay, 30.

"I made a mistake. I am pulling out of Monaco (this week's Diamond League meeting) and the World Championships."

A lot goes on behind the scenes for sure. 'Hey Tyson take this because if you do you'll win and I'll get more money myself...'

Hard to trust anyone in the sport of Athletics...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
@AndreLowe_media: At least three Jamaicans including two Olympic gold medallist have tested positive according to sources. This follows Tyson Gay's positive
Shared via TweetCaster

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
This is no real surprise is it? Another USATF athlete failing a drug test. Too bad there isn't anything that can be done about Carl Lewis...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's odd (although not really as I've done a lot of research about it) how US sport is so bent, but they just don't care.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
@AndreLowe_media: At least three Jamaicans including two Olympic gold medallist have tested positive according to sources. This follows Tyson Gay's positive
Shared via TweetCaster

Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson according to Sky Sports News

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thanks Fruity.

If they unwittingly took substances that were banned, they are guilty of being incredibly stupid.

Some fellow athletes have made it very clear that they take full responsibility of what they take in the way of supplements and so on.

Some Americans are on the list as well, it seems.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was only a matter of time.

The authorities have been after the Jamaican sprinter for a while.
The Americans are too insular to consistently perform on the international stage.

Once again it's a shame The Lance Armstrong compendium couldn't continue on the big board.
It's all documented and all in there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has it been ruled out as a returning thread, stat?
Not conclusively.

When I asked it was at the height of googlegate and I think the last post had arse or something written in it.
Hence setting up part deux.

I'm pretty sure it's fine, it's just in the graveyard.

The second half of this thread moves away from cycling to other sports.
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...inst-doping-charges&highlight=Lance+armstrong

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...g-charges-part-deux&highlight=Lance+armstrong

I reckon you could collate that lot and all it's associated links and have an easy dissertation st the end of it.

Last edited:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I watched the documentaries 9.79 and Bigger, Stronger, Faster earlier this week on You Tube. Made for some interesting viewing on this subject. As Dr NBC mentioned earlier, it's amazing how Lewis(amongst others) can live with himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here