Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monaco Grand Prix info anyone?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thinking of going next year. Have been couple of times on Corporate gigs but this time under own steam with mates and prices are obscene!

Wondering what the standing/hillside area at Rocher is like for view and do I need to be there all night Saturday to get a decent place.

If you've been would appreciate any advice you can give ... cheers!

Oct 6, 2010
Would say if you want to save money, stay in Nice rather than Monaco. The view is not great from the hillside. Bit like watching from outside the circuit.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Would say if you want to save money, stay in Nice rather than Monaco. The view is not great from the hillside. Bit like watching from outside the circuit.

Mate has a motorhome so we're going down in that and staying somewhere easy to hop on train.

Was worried about the view, almost as bad as going to watch tennis on Henman hill or whatever it's called now

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
If you want a decent view on the hill...get there early doors and pitch your place for the rest of the day.
If the weather is bad, that hill can be a death trap with people sliding down the grassy bank.

Definitely worth staying in Nice and getting the train into Monaco each day. There's an Ibis hotel right near Nice train station which is good value.

Do not buy any food and drink in Monaco, as its 3 x times the price than in Nice.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
If you've got the money it's worth booking a table at Porchinella, quality food and staff.
And it's celebrity galore in there, Ken Bates is always in there and Bernie and the drivers go there a lot aswell

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If you want a decent view on the hill...get there early doors and pitch your place for the rest of the day.
If the weather is bad, that hill can be a death trap with people sliding down the grassy bank.

Think that's the Hill eliminated then!!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Mate done it & enjoyed it.
I had a quote of £6500pp few yrs back.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Mate done it & enjoyed it.
I had a quote of £6500pp few yrs back.

I've done it and it's defo one of those things that needs doing in life. £6,500 will be the full corporate gig ... seats for race are £350 - £500

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here