Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charles Dickens predicts our season

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way-

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way-

So the 2 cities are Brighton and Hove? What a tale Mr Dickens tells.

To be fair, we are going to be top 2 under Oscar - even if it has taken 155 years since that wonderful book was written.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
So the 2 cities are Brighton and Hove? What a tale Mr Dickens tells.

To be fair, we are going to be top 2 under Oscar - even if it has taken 155 years since that wonderful book was written.

A wonderful book indeed and thank you for a measured response. Literature and art can blow your mind and touch your heart, but supporting Brighton will take your soul.

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."

Apart from Crewe.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Mr Barber is a Dickens fan. Especially the characters Scrooge and Fagin.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who was Our Mutual Friend?

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Cool thread! I want to play too...

[Tomasz Kuszczak is coming back from training; suddenly he sees three
strange women on the road in front of him]

TOMASZ

Speak, if you can: what are you?

1st WOMAN

All hail, Tomasz! Hail to thee Albion's keeper!

2nd WOMAN

All hail, Tomasz! Hail to thee Championship 2013/2014 winner!

3rd WOMAN

All hail, Tomasz, that shalt be in Premier League hereafter.

Sorry if it was supposed to be Dickens Only Thread
;)

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I gather Poyet is a massive fan of Dickens

To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"It was now too late and too far to go back, and I went on. And the mists had all solemnly risen now, and the world lay spread before me" a predictive quotation to be attributed to Oscar on the eve of his Championship managerial debut at Elland Road, Leeds on Saturday 3rd August 2013.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. And Pip knew Brighton needed three points that afternoon to keep their promotion challenge on track."

Great Expectations. (Well, the first sentence anyway)

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.
[info][add][mail][note]

My first team talk for Oscar.

Although I'm not sure this will be understood.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. Until the next game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here