Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashes test tickets.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I've always wanted to attend an England - Australia ashes match so have been looking at prices etc for the next and upcoming tests. Next one is at Lords so had a peek and even though they are well expensive in the so called exclusive zones rather than sit with the riff raf, so thought they were rather moderate prices where we want to sit.

£77 each and that's on the Monday so two of us is £150. Saturday then you're talking £400 but haven't checked if that's for one or two people.

I want to know if we brought ticket for Lords on the Monday but the game was over by Sunday then do we get a refund because of no play on Monday as can't see any mention of refunds etc.

I looked at this a while ago and it appeared that you had to purchase a couple of tickets..however I may have had a couple to drink! but this did look like £200+ for 2 tickets. We went to Sussex v Windies last year and due to lack of play were offered another game. \Maybe a refund is more than likely..give them a bell fella. Good luck n hope you get there!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've always wanted to attend an England - Australia ashes match so have been looking at prices etc for the next and upcoming tests. Next one is at Lords so had a peek and even though they are well expensive in the so called exclusive zones rather than sit with the riff raf, so thought they were rather moderate prices where we want to sit.

£77 each and that's on the Monday so two of us is £150. Saturday then you're talking £400 but haven't checked if that's for one or two people.

I want to know if we brought ticket for Lords on the Monday but the game was over by Sunday then do we get a refund because of no play on Monday as can't see any mention of refunds etc.

I paid 67 quid for 1tickets in the Larwood and Voce stand at Trent Bridge yesterday and very nice it was too. That said it was facking hot being south facing and no shade.

Anyway. You will get a refund if no play. You will get a %age of your ticket price back. Off the back of yesterdays ticket

No play = full refund
Less than 10 overs = full refund
10 to 24.5 overs = 50%
25 + = tough

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

No play in a day or test finished and full refund. 10 overs or less and full refund. 10 to 24.5 overs play and 50% refund.

If you buy from anyone other than Lords ticket office the seller will get the refund.

Tickets for day 5 are sold out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Think a refund is dependant on where you bought your ticket from. Being that most days are sold out throughout the series and having failed myself to get tickets through the ballot I did look at some ticket sites but these may not offer the refund, remember your ticket may relate to someone else's purchase and they have sold on. Maybe difficult to prove your entitlement.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Thanks for the advice. Just purchased two tickets for the Compton upper tier for Lords and cost me £155 for the 22nd of July. Hoping it goes to day 5.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
£192 :eek:

Thought it was £150 but it came up to total paid £192.

I want to see cricket at its best and see total bedlam on the pitch for that :(

I've always managed to get into Lords for a test match on a working weekday by turning up just after lunch and hanging around just outside. There are loads of companies with hospitality packages that invite guests to join them. A good number of these are business guests, who are not particularly interested in cricket and bugger off after they've consumed the free scoff at lunchtime. A fair number of them are quite happy to pass their seat tickets on to the hopeful folk in the street outside - either free of charge, or at a token price. And you can grab a high-quality seat that way.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This century? I believe grounds are strict about no re-entry these days - certainly at The Oval.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This was reasonably priced I think :moo: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373757365.337513.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
i've always managed to get into lords for a test match on a working weekday by turning up just after lunch and hanging around just outside. There are loads of companies with hospitality packages that invite guests to join them. A good number of these are business guests, who are not particularly interested in cricket and bugger off after they've consumed the free scoff at lunchtime. A fair number of them are quite happy to pass their seat tickets on to the hopeful folk in the street outside - either free of charge, or at a token price. And you can grab a high-quality seat that way.

shhhh!!!!

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Got 4 restricted view tickets last Friday for the 4th day just through ring up the MCC box office (£30 each) Always a few tickets returned as well from touring parties.

Always work a call - 020 7432 1000

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And people still moan like children at the Amex surcharge
Because the 'Delivery Charge' involves an additional service. It's actually taken physical effort and an extra cost to deliver the tickets and is justifiable. In other words it's a valid extra and not just a sneaky unavoidable surcharge added to a sale to enable tickets to be legally advertised at a cheaper price than that which you will end up paying. Jeez.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Because the 'Delivery Charge' involves an additional service. It's actually taken physical effort and an extra cost to deliver the tickets and is justifiable. In other words it's a valid extra and not just a sneaky unavoidable surcharge added to a sale to enable tickets to be legally advertised at a cheaper price than that which you will end up paying. Jeez.

i wonder how many people would think the below is justifiable

https://www.seatwave.com/buy/ticket...aq.com&tduid=aa926b1158f1c7df18bb8da612ec77e1

4 x Grand Stand tickets day 4 @ £175.00 each £700
Delivery £9.99
Booking fee £126.00

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here