Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a new forum

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I've noticed recently that there have been a few threads spoiled by the intervention and/or contributions from women.

Either they simply don't understand the post (could be too technical, a bit beyond their naturally limited intelligence or simply just mans stuff) and consequently post irrelevant nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for letting the ladies have their say and join in but I think there should be a curfew on NSC. I suggest that they are only allowed to post between the hours of 09.30 and 15.30. That should allow time to get the school run done and make sure that they have sufficeint time to have tidied up, washed and ironed, prepared a meal for their man upon his return from work/pub/match and so on.

It wouldn't be fair to completely exlude them from NSC outside these hours - there may be no children to deal with, their man might be on an all-dayer and doesn't need anything to eat until later in the evening, or early morning, or it could be a special occassion and her duties are relaxed for the day. What I propose is that a new forum is created for the ladies outside their permitted hours and it is called 'The Kitchen'. Maybe we could dig out a couple of old maids to moderate it - ensuring that any recipes posted are accurate and in both metric and imperial measures, there are no sexist/anti-men comments posted, and that any suggestion of spending time on the forum rather than carrying out their chores results in, intitially at least, a ban long enough to allow the tasks to be carried out before the poster can log back on.

Also any women who basically step out of line during their alloted times could, as in real life, be sent to 'The Kitchen' to consider their actions. Maybe Bozza could get someone to set up some sort of timed ban that can be cancelled once a predetermined time penalty has been served and by entering a password or phrase access to the mens forums is allowed again. May I suggest phrases such as 'I was in the wrong again, forgive me' 'would you like me to bring you a beer' or for the more serious bans, ' I'm so sorry sweetheart let me give you a bj'

Well chaps what do you say?

:whistle:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe Bozza could get someone to set up some sort of timed ban that can be cancelled once a predetermined time penalty has been served and by entering a password or phrase access to the mens forums is allowed again. May I suggest phrases such as 'I was in the wrong again, forgive me' 'would you like me to bring you a beer' or for the more serious bans, ' I'm so sorry sweetheart let me give you a bj'

Well chaps what do you say?

:whistle:

I think Bozza would be quite disappointed if I bought him a beer. He'd no doubt prefer a cider.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Does anyone else think that casual sexism - albeit "jokey" - is just a tentative dipping of the toe in the water to test how acceptable a bit of homophobia or racism might be?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone else think that casual sexism - albeit "jokey" - is just a tentative dipping of the toe in the water to test how acceptable a bit of homophobia or racism might be?

Definitely not, in my case anyhow.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think there are fewer females on here because they are unable to spout drivel all day.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Interesting that you bring this up. I laughed out loud when I read the OP's post. However, I can see what you are getting at. Harry Enfield was deft enough when he did the famous 'Women Know Your Limits' sketch to take the edge off the overtones with a bit of evidence suggesting the contrary (e.g. the woman at the dinner party was probably proved right about the Gold Standard and in fact, argued her viewpoint with more rationale than the men).

Here:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm all for women posters, in fact, why not allocate 11.00am to midday to women posters only. This masquerade that women actually like football could be dropped allowing tips on baking, knitting and motherhood to be exchanged over mid morning coffee.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Some truth in that, but I believe you can also parody sexism/racism etc by doing it in a 'jokey' way. That Harry Enfield sketch is a classic example. Some of course don't see it that way and believe that even jokey parodies are beyond the pale and must be banned and the perpetrators punished However those people are all wankers are their opinions could and should be ignored.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm all for women posters, in fact, why not allocate 11.00am to midday to women posters only. This masquerade that women actually like football could be dropped allowing tips on baking, knitting and motherhood to be exchanged over mid morning coffee.

Do you know my wife refuses to darn socks. REFUSES TO DARN SOCKS I SAID. She reckons no woman does that any more. I said I'll ask NSC about that !

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
it would really funny to read the "womens only forum on NSC."

what thread titles would there be? ill start....

Best legs in the developments Squad?
What sandwiches to take to the Amex?
Does your man lie?
Is Bozza hot?
Has a player ever texted you?
When to do shopping instead of saturday?

Poll: Do you really like football or is it to:
a) keep an eye on your man.
b) be surrounded by men.
c) watch men in battle on the pitch.
d) i am a bit masculine and love competitiveness and foul language and the smell of beer and farts.
e) other

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here