Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over-Heating PC

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Exactly the above. The fan seems clogged.

Can anyone recommend a place to go to get the problem sorted swiftly and reasonably priced ?

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Um, if the fan seems clogged then clean it!

If you want to waste £50 then bring it to my house, I'll do it and also find
loads more expensive things that might need doing!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Exactly the above. The fan seems clogged.

Can anyone recommend a place to go to get the problem sorted swiftly and reasonably priced ?

Get a can of compressed air and youtube your computer model and follow the instructions.

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
Is it a laptop or a desktop? And what fan are you talking about? Is it a case fan or the CPU fan?
If its the CPU fan and its clogged with dust then removing the fan and cleaning it will help. If its quite an old PC then you might might need to clean and reapply some thermal paste to the CPU as well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Get a can of compressed air and youtube your computer model and follow the instructions.

this. can buy from large tescos types, Maplin or online. it can be expensive on the highstreet, for exactly the same thing.
do it outside mind, as there will be a crap load of dust.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If its an earlier HP model then its a design fault.

thats a broad brush. how much "earlier"? 5, 15 years? theres been many individual product lines with problems over the years.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A new fan will cost a few quid, the connectors are usually quite universal. Unplug the fan, take it to your local computer spares shop, I'm sure you'll be able to get a match.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Can of compressed air, also make sure all the case fans are also clean of dust, if you have seperate graphics card with a fan, also defluff too, as 50% of pc overheats are not just cpu fan.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
thought it was a thread about pc Balkham dropping his truncheon at pompey or his face when an unexpected coach turned up at stoke.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Hoovering is good. Also when the weather is very warm I take the side of my case off and use a stand up room fan, which will help keep it cool.
Sometimes the bios is set to switch the pc off at a certain temperature to prevent damage to the cpu and other components.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here