Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Broad - Should he have walked, or was he right to stand his ground?....

Was Broad right to stand his ground??

• Yes

Votes: 116 70.3%
  • No

Votes: 49 29.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I don't think there is any doubting the fact that he knew he edged it so what do you think NSC??

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
In this day and age of sport, I don't think any professional sportsman would be expected to hold their hands up.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Don't forget to answer the poll gents :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
30 years ago yes, today, no. There was only one Aussie who would regularly "walk" and that was Adam Gilchrist and he said he took some tap from his team mates for doing so.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The 'Stralians got an extra 150 runs from the mistake the umpire made with Agar's stumping. We'll get 30 max from broad not walking. Trott may have hit a big one if procedures had have been followed and he'd still been in. HOWEVER these two observations should not have influenced Broad's superb decision to wait for the finger, he did the right thing.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I was a little surprised that he didn't really and if it was marginal then I could have believed he might have thought he hadn't edged it but...no way he wouldn't have known.

Personally, should've walked.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Some players have walked and they are not out its up to the umpire to give it. They should have not wasted the two Reviews and I understand that Chapelk said never walk it is up to the umpire to give it! It probably fair as the stumping was out and Root and Trott were unlucky.!

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
30 years ago yes, today, no. There was only one Aussie who would regularly "walk" and that was Adam Gilchrist and he said he took some tap from his team mates for doing so.

Is that the same Adam Gilchrist who used to appeal for catches behind the wicket when he knew the batsman hadn't hit it? What's the difference?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I simply don't see why any England player should put themselves at a competitive disadvantage by walking when its opposition never would.

However...if Australia had ever made some statement or other before the series about upholding the "spirit of the game" or some such, which basically meant they'd support their batsmen if they walked, then it's a different story. But they haven't.

Steviegeorge

Nov 24, 2012
Walking is a thing of the past, unfortunatly. An Aussie wouldn't walk if he turned round to see all his stumps in tattered pieces

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Doesn't matter what anyone else would've done
He is cheating scum, no respect for him now
(accidently voted yes as didn't read poll correctly but he should've walked)

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Using my iPad so can't vote, I think Broad was well in his rights to stand his ground. Ian Chappell once said, never walk, it's the umpire who gives you out.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
put the shoe on the other foot, would an aussie have walked if he edged it, not a chance,

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Stand your ground

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
On TMS they made the comment that not one single Aussie would have walked. That included the Aussie commentators.

It's up to the umpire, he missed it. Not Broad. And if they hadn't missed the stumping yesterday then England would be 400 hinder odd runs in front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here