Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Langridge RIP - Welcome baby Amelia

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Shane was only 39 years old and a life long Albion supporter and season ticket holder in the North stand alongside his brother Clint. Last Saturday ( July 6th ) out with his partner Naomi and her son Oliver, Shane complained of feeling light headed whilst driving them home, within seconds he collapsed and Naomi had to stop the car while in the passenger seat as they were heading up Viaduct road. Sadly despite the valliant efforts of passers-by and the paramedics that attended nothing could be done to save Shane. As devastating as the situation was, it was made worse by the fact that Shane would not get to see his first child that he and Naomi were expecting this week. As sad a time as it is, on Tuesday baby Amelia came into this world with not a care or worry but unwittingly she has created a lot of joyful, smiling faces among our family at this time. Shane, old son, you would be a very proud man and loving father and you leave behind a legacy that will be loved and cherished.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've known Shane and Clint for over 20 years, shared many great times with them, both following Brighton and doing other things. Shane was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, had time for everyone. It's tragic that he never got to see his daughter born but I know the rest of his family will let her know what a great guy her Dad was as she grows up. RIP Shane mate.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lovely but very sad story

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
So sorry to hear this news
I know Clint and met Shane a few times
A very kind and caring bloke who had time for everyone
God bless

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
RIP Shane
Much love to baby Amelia, family & friends

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I'm expecting my first child in November and having recently been diagnosed with a congenital heart condition myself, this thread made me feel quite emotional.

So very sad, but I guess the little one will at least always have her very own guardian angel. RIP Shane.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
RIP one of us. May your spirit live on in that little girl forever. X

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sounds like one nice guy
RIP Shane

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's one of the saddest things I've ever read on here. Thoughts with Shane's family at this very difficult time. I'm sure he's looking down from heaven and seen his little girl.

Rest In Peace, Shane.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
While I don't know the blokes you mention this certainly struck a chord. We lost a good family friend aged just 34 earlier this year just a week and a half before his daughter was born. I can empathise a tiny bit with what you're going through and just wanted to say both RIP and congratulations.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
sad and tragic news RIP Shane

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another Albion fan joins the list of perpetual season ticket holders at The Amex In The Sky. RIP Shane.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
RIP Shane, way too young and welcome to the world Amelia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here