Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Losing Spanish Dave Is like losing one of the family

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Blimey. Calm down! Players come and go - Get a grip!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As far as I'm aware he was offered a contract at season's end, he chose to wait and see who came in which was understandable. The person who came in doesn't seem to want him. C'est la vie. He had his chance and that chance has now gone.

Will we miss him? Time will tell I guess.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Come on, get a grip. He is good, but he was only here 5 minutes! And took half the season to actually show that he was good...

I just worry about who is going to take the penalties now haha

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm sorry to see him go but that's as much because he seemed to genuinely love it here as anything else

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
Get a grip! He showed some real class at times but went AWOL during both play off games which means I'm now disappointed to see him go as opposed to gutted. And yes I know he wasn't the only one who went AWOL but he is massively experienced so guess I just expected him to step up for those games.

His sublime finish at Middlesbrough made the trip worthwhile and as for his free kick against palace well that was pure class.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree, players come and go. Spanish Dave looked excellent when he looked good (if that makes sense) and could take a decent penalty but several times last year he went A.W.O.L. both home and away in the 90 minutes.
:albion2:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I'm just sad because he loved it here and was starting to become a cult hero, he could have become a club legend...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He was ok. Nothing more than that. He'll always be remembered for the strike at home to Palace but let's not get carried away about him. I mean Sammy Morgan got two against them and he was shit.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He was ok. Nothing more than that. He'll always be remembered for the strike at home to Palace but let's not get carried away about him. I mean Sammy Morgan got two against them and he was shit.

This is true. Although he'd be a great to have in the squad, he had a few nightmares as well - true shockers in fact. Those who are contemplating suicide, try and remember those eh?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Great at set pieces and with bridge one of the few last season who could deliver a decent cross. Sad to see him go but trust the club to unearth a suitable replacement

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here