Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food Vans on A27

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Anyone know which one's are decent at all? I have stopped at one so far and was not great. Any recommendations from anyone? If not will be trial and error for the next week till i find the one i like.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The one by the Kingston roundabout is excellent.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Thats the one i used to go to most mornings but I am now heading the other way. I have had one on the other way this morning and not as nice. There is a few more on route that way so i will try them and see what i think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love sitting on a lay by, on white plastic patio furniture, eating a bacon sandwich and drinking tea from a polystyrene cup.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Anyone know which one's are decent at all? I have stopped at one so far and was not great. Any recommendations from anyone? If not will be trial and error for the next week till i find the one i like.

Why do I think I will end up with food poisoning if I eat from one of these vans? They all look very unappetising.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You can turn round at the farm entrance after, to head East, or even take the Kingston road and pull in next to the food van unless you're driving something big.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I am normally coming over the Falmer road and on to the A27 towards Eastbourne. I tried one on that road today but defo not as nice. Saw a nice looking one by the Sussex hand gliding place so going to try there Monday and if thats no good then there is 2 more further down although one did not look healthy at all.Anyone tried any on the Eastbourne side.
Worst case i will leave 10 mins earlier and go round to Kingston.

The one by the Kingston roundabout is excellent.
My car once broke down there (overheating, thanks to empty radiator, prelude to something serious). Gary Hart, for it was he, having breakfast on his way to the Falmer training ground, offered to help / give me a lift to work. The guy that runs the van supplied me with enough water to top up, though.

A highly recommended establishment. Everything I've ever ordered there has been freshly cooked, while you wait, not dragged out of a warm pan that could have been sitting there for hours.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My car once broke down there (overheating, thanks to empty radiator, prelude to something serious). Gary Hart, for it was he, having breakfast on his way to the Falmer training ground, offered to help / give me a lift to work. The guy that runs the van supplied me with enough water to top up, though.

A highly recommended establishment. Everything I've ever ordered there has been freshly cooked, while you wait, not dragged out of a warm pan that could have been sitting there for hours.

I am sure my son in law (Geoff) would thank you for the advert LB not a bad bone in his body my wife taught him well :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I took my girlfriend to do this on our anniversary...

Is she still your girlfriend? By the way, I'm serious about my love of these vans. The one at Kingston is great and does a reasonable bacon sandwich. I enjoyed the delights of the van parked in The Drove car park outside Halfords in Newhaven a couple of weeks back.

my car once broke down there (overheating, thanks to empty radiator, prelude to something serious). Gary hart, for it was he, having breakfast on his way to the falmer training ground, offered to help / give me a lift to work. The guy that runs the van supplied me with enough water to top up, though.

A highly recommended establishment. Everything i've ever ordered there has been freshly cooked, while you wait, not dragged out of a warm pan that could have been sitting there for hours.

I drove gh from asda to spec savers once and my nephew picked him up in ireland pre-season:whistle:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Does anyone remeber the coach that used to be parked on the A27 on the way to Eastbourne and used as a cafe?

Innovative idea.

yes I do but can't remember exactly where it was
there also used to be a railway coach where the little chef is on the A23

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I enjoyed the delights of the van parked in The Drove car park outside Halfords in Newhaven a couple of weeks back.

It does a better burger than McDonalds, that's for sure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here