Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking - bridge or sussex uni - ease of egress?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Have decided to take the plunge and get a season ticket for parking, but I don't know which of the Bridge or Sussex Uni parks are easiest to get onto the A27 Westbound after the game. I don't plan on leaving early, but would like to get away asap after the games. Anyone know? As a minor supplementary - is the sussex uni park materially longer than Bridge to get into before the game (again coming from A27 - but this time Eastbound, obviously!)

Finally - mostly I'll be driving alone, so if anyone wants a lift that's easy for me to get to, let me know. I come down the A23. I'm happy to take a 5 min (but not much longer) detour off the A23 both ways.

Thanks, NSC

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've only experienced the bridge one...and found its better to hang around the ground for 20 mins after ..or u just end up sitting in the car while those on foot are allowed through the tunnel exit.....the one exception was the palace play off game..when u might as well have stayed in the stadium for at least at hour.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks LR - yes, I guessed that hanging around for 20 mins might be the best plan. I think I'd rather do that than my current situation which often involves hanging around for 20 mins for a P&R bus - at least I'd be in the dry in the stadium!

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
People should definitely consider lift share style parking. I drove last season and parked in coldean as I go with my 5 year old son. I hated it on the train with him as he got trampled.
The parking season ticket split 2 or 3 ways would work out about £5 each per game. Not bad.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Well I've tried both the Bridge, (last year), and the Uni the first season. This year I'm going back to the Uni because its marginally nearer the ground, (especially if you arrive early and park in car parks 4 or 5), and its easier to get away from at the end. Unless you leave before the end of the game, you will find at least a 20 minute wait to get out of the car park at the Bridge because the exit is so narrow and your also having to wait for stewards to hold up the pedestrians. You don't have this problem at the Uni and I reckon I got home about 20 minutes earlier the first season against last.

The only downside is that you have to get back across the railway bridge at the end but I never found that a real problem as your in the shorter queue for the Lewes side of the station.

It may be this year that with the parking restrictions at Coldean there may not be so many people walking down to the Bridge exit but I still think the Uni is the better option.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The only downside is that you have to get back across the railway bridge at the end but I never found that a real problem as your in the shorter queue for the Lewes side of the station.

Wouldn't it quicker to use the road?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We tried both last year and found the Bridge a bit more enjoyable. We were stuck in a car park in the uni that was just as far to walk as the bridge and even though it was quicker to get our it wasn't a huge amount different. It definitely pays to hang around for 20 minutes for the bridge car park. because after the initial rush of people have gone you practically drive straight out.

We have chosen Bridge for a season ticket this year.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Does anyone else have an opinion on this matter, please? AStill working out which is best for exit.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Does anyone else have an opinion on this matter, please? AStill working out which is best for exit.

FWIW, I went with the Uni - had a couple of PM chats with folks and they both said Uni was easier to get out of. Might explain why there is still good availability for the Bridge and only limited for Uni too?

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here