Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pay what you feel is right at the amex.

If you had to pay on a match by match basis for your seat but allowed to pay what you thought was right how would this stack up?
My seat would be £42 i would think £25 should be the fair amount.
This is from a fans point of view and i understand the £25 would leave the club with a shortfall and would lead to other debates ie players salaries.
What would you pay on a match by match and what do you think it should be in a perfect world?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I think my seat is £575 divided by 23 games = £25 so perhaps we are paying a fair price? :thumbsup:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

to be honest, as i take my 3 kids at £285ish each, i probably would pay less if i could..

I think my point really is if myself and two sons 19 and 16 paid the match by match price it would be over £100 per game,i think i would probably stop going to any home games,so this is from a proper fan, what will the less committed fans do? I expect the non season ticket holders will get a bit fewer this year,unless we have a blinding season.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I think my point really is if myself and two sons 19 and 16 paid the match by match price it would be over £100 per game,i think i would probably stop going to any home games,so this is from a proper fan, what will the less committed fans do? I expect the non season ticket holders will get a bit fewer this year,unless we have a blinding season.

I wouldn't do that either. This is where the direct debit spread over 12 months interest free really works. If I had to pay £100 for every home game, plus hot dogs, cokes, beer, pies I would not be going very often either which my kids and I would be gutted about.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Do I have to decide what is right before the game? Can I go and wait for the result before deciding and then pay on the way out. I mean an exciting 6-0 win or a enthralling 3-3 draw is likely to have me reaching deeper into my pockets than a drab 0-0 or a narrow and tight 0-1 loss. I think the OP needs to research this more.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Do I have to decide what is right before the game? Can I go and wait for the result before deciding and then pay on the way out. I mean an exciting 6-0 win or a enthralling 3-3 draw is likely to have me reaching deeper into my pockets than a drab 0-0 or a narrow and tight 0-1 loss. I think the OP needs to research this more.

Of course you can, how will you know if it is a fair price otherwise? How much would you have paid after the 3-0 St Patrick's Day Massacre?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What would the prices be if we looked back to the Goldstone prices of £4-6 and then adjusted for inflation?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Of course you can, how will you know if it is a fair price otherwise? How much would you have paid after the 3-0 St Patrick's Day Massacre?

My kids would have gone hungry until payday after that (and I missed the game due to a family wedding, I'd have still paid)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When I was tut lad. Lived int box etc.etc. It cost me 9d, that's about 5p in European England. That was 2/3 rds of my pocket money of 1/- (shilling), per week.
So that means that a kid, under ten, needs to receive £30 a week pocket money, to pay with their own pocket money. That's without the booking fee and assuming the under 10 can walk to the ground with the rest of his gang.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here