Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over thirties-ish players wanted for Sunday footy at Hove Park - ALL abilities welcome.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Anyone around at 5pm on Sundays for footy in Hove Park?

A group of us already play each Sunday but we're very short of regulars.

We have proper five-aside goals and usually cones and bibs and play for about 90mins.

We are all in our thirties/forties and of varying abilities but it's very much a fun vibe and open to absolutely any skill/fitness level for FREE!

PM me for more details or just turn up. We meet on the grass pitches on the flat area opposite the basketball courts/near the playground.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Over thirties-ish players wanted for Sunday footy at Hove Park - ALL abilitie...

At the risk of hijacking the thread: There's an established group of us who play at Wish Park from 6pm on Sunday. If you're running short, why not join us?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Over thirties-ish players wanted for Sunday footy at Hove Park - ALL abilitie...

Am I likely to be pulled off at half-time?

"Blimey, boss, we only get oranges at half-time in our games!"

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
At the risk of hijacking the thread: There's an established group of us who play at Wish Park from 6pm on Sunday. If you're running short, why not join us?

No problem. I didn't realise that was still going.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

No problem. I didn't realise that was still going.

Our numbers dwindled and we eventually joined forces with another group. Good fun bunch, again!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Our numbers dwindled and we eventually joined forces with another group. Good fun bunch, again!

Well, if we can get a few more for our kick-about, maybe we'll have a Hove Park Vs Wish Park game one Sunday.

Actually, being Brighton born and bred, I'm embarrassed to admit I have no idea where Wish Park is.

Last edited:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Had my heart broken by having the captaincy of a SLT ripped from my grasp at Hove Park, and herniated my pronounced Derby at Wish Park during a kick-about, so JUST NO to both :cry:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Had my heart broken by having the captaincy of a SLT ripped from my grasp at Hove Park, and herniated my pronounced Derby at Wish Park during a kick-about, so JUST NO to both :cry:

Perhaps the only way you can take the charge out of those bad experiences is to have good ones in the same parks...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Actually, being Brighton born and bred, I'm embarrassed to admit I have no idea where Wish Park is.

It's west Hove, near the seafront - I used to play for a cricket team whose home ground was there. I was shocked to discover that Charles Stewart Parnell lived and died in the street just up from the park (can't remember its name), I didn't know that he'd lived in Hove.

I could well be up for a kick-around in the park - is it a case of just turning up or do you have to tell someone first (can't be this weekend though)?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I could well be up for a kick-around in the park - is it a case of just turning up or do you have to tell someone first (can't be this weekend though)?

Just roll up and join in when you can make it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Just roll up and join in when you can make it.

Yes, nor do you have to be a Fenian to join in...

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
^ :lolol: ^

It's west Hove, near the seafront - I used to play for a cricket team whose home ground was there. I was shocked to discover that Charles Stewart Parnell lived and died in the street just up from the park (can't remember its name), I didn't know that he'd lived in Hove.

good local knowledge there Gwylan, every day is a learning day and i have just learnt that. Oh and Wiki says: "He died in his home at 10 Walsingham Terrace, Hove (now replaced by Dorset Court, Kingsway) on 6 October 1891 of a heart attack".

See ya sunday Oscar. :ascarf:

D

Deleted User X18H

Carlisle Road or Westboune Villas I believe .

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Two new signings confirmed so far.

I don't think either are Spanish but they will no doubt be flair.

Any more for any more?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
:bounce:

Last call for footy in the park this afternoon.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Might have to make it down to Hove Park next Sunday... just need the motervation and the reminder!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here