Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2013/14 season expectations

BHA123456

Apr 12, 2012
Im interested to find out what people's expectations are of The Albion this season. Obviously if none of this Poyet saga took place then i think we all would be expecting another top 6 finish again, at the very least. But with Oscar coming into the team, do you expect Brighton to finish in the top 6 again or do you expect it to take a season or two for the squad to get back to normal rhythm and results. Personally I would be delighted with a top 6 finish this season but realistically, i think we will just miss out on the play off's and finish 8th.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I very much expect a top 6 finish again. Of the 3 coming down I think only Reading will challenge. I expect a couple of decent signings in the next couple of weeks, and with the nucleus of last seasons squad intact, would be disappointed if we didn't put in a strong challenge.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
far too early - ask this question at the end of the transfer window.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
6th.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
A comfortable top 10 finish with solid foundations for OG to build on for 'the big one' in 2014/15.

As a result; immense strops from a portion of NSC due to a perceived lack of ambition, achievement and inability to win the league at a canter.

Ooh 'Oscar out' threads to start by mid-October as well.

ole ole ole vicente

Aug 6, 2012
In Oscar we trust. Ulloa for a full season, I think macca and ulloa. Will be deadly partnership, coupled with stingy defence. Then some more flair in midfield, this will be the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here